George Stanford, the Next John Mayer?
It will be soon before long when a new act under the name George Stanford will rock the music industry. The singer from Philadelphia has just released an EP simply titled 'The EP' where he played all sorts of instruments except from drums.
'The EP' came out all strong even in the beginning of it. The opening track 'My Own Worst Enemy' is a statement of how music has become a deep part of him.
"It's given me the greatest things. It's about the struggle of trying to make a life out of it," Stanford said. "When I was struggling, I'd start to think about my options and I really couldn't think of any so it always came back to music for me."
The new singer has been noted as the next John Mayer and Jack Johnson although he claimed that the influence came from the legends Paul Simon and Tom Petty. He started off playing trombone while a kid and went on grabbing other instruments upon growing up. He is currently signed to Smash/Mercury Records.
Catch Stanford's performances on November 1 and 2 at Indianapolis's Vogue Theater and Nashville's City Hall respectively.
More John Mayer News
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?