George Stanford, the Next John Mayer?
It will be soon before long when a new act under the name George Stanford will rock the music industry. The singer from Philadelphia has just released an EP simply titled 'The EP' where he played all sorts of instruments except from drums.
'The EP' came out all strong even in the beginning of it. The opening track 'My Own Worst Enemy' is a statement of how music has become a deep part of him.
"It's given me the greatest things. It's about the struggle of trying to make a life out of it," Stanford said. "When I was struggling, I'd start to think about my options and I really couldn't think of any so it always came back to music for me."
The new singer has been noted as the next John Mayer and Jack Johnson although he claimed that the influence came from the legends Paul Simon and Tom Petty. He started off playing trombone while a kid and went on grabbing other instruments upon growing up. He is currently signed to Smash/Mercury Records.
Catch Stanford's performances on November 1 and 2 at Indianapolis's Vogue Theater and Nashville's City Hall respectively.
More John Mayer News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?