George Stanford, the Next John Mayer?
It will be soon before long when a new act under the name George Stanford will rock the music industry. The singer from Philadelphia has just released an EP simply titled 'The EP' where he played all sorts of instruments except from drums.
'The EP' came out all strong even in the beginning of it. The opening track 'My Own Worst Enemy' is a statement of how music has become a deep part of him.
"It's given me the greatest things. It's about the struggle of trying to make a life out of it," Stanford said. "When I was struggling, I'd start to think about my options and I really couldn't think of any so it always came back to music for me."
The new singer has been noted as the next John Mayer and Jack Johnson although he claimed that the influence came from the legends Paul Simon and Tom Petty. He started off playing trombone while a kid and went on grabbing other instruments upon growing up. He is currently signed to Smash/Mercury Records.
Catch Stanford's performances on November 1 and 2 at Indianapolis's Vogue Theater and Nashville's City Hall respectively.
More John Mayer News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation