Terminator 4 Finally Gets a Title and Distributor
Things seem to go well on the fourth installment of "Terminator" series. Not only it eventually gets a title of "Terminator Salvation", it also finds Warner Bros. Pictures as the distributor for North American regions.
Warner is reported to have the first right to negotiation for domestic theatrical and TV distribution rights since it served the the same task on the project's predecessor "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines." Plans now are being made to start filming the movie in early 2008 for a summer 2009 release.
A screenplay is said to have already been completed by writing duo John Brancato and Michael Ferris whilst the financiers and studio are close to lock a name for directing duties, which is still disclosed. Meanwhile, Halycon Company CEOs Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson are both set to produce alongside Moritz Borman with Peter D. Graves executive producing.
"The third film was really the conclusion of what happened in the 'now.' You will find the most-loved characters, but the intention here is to present a fresh new world and have this be the first of a trilogy," Borman said of the movie.
On the other hand, it is still unclear whether star of previous installments Arnold Schwarzenegger will return for a fourth appearance in the franchise that launched his movie career. "Rise of the Machines" was learned to be the last film he starred in before becoming the current governor of California.
"We've left it open for him to maybe do a cameo," Borman remarked. "He has an important job, as we know, and the final decision will be based on his desire and availability, along with what the director wants."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars