Eric Bana Is Star Trek Villain Nero!
Australia now has its representative in the cast of Paramount Pictures' highly-anticipated project "Star Trek." You got it right, Variety has confirmed that Melbourne-born actor Eric Bana is joining the lineup as a villainous character named Nero.
Bana's inclusion thereby fulfills the studio's expectation to get bigger-name thespian for the part besides that for the role of the Federation captain, which remains unfilled. The description of the character he is set to play, however, is being kept tightly under wraps for now.
Pic has already got Zoe Saldana as Lt. Nyota Uhura and Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov with "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy portraying the young and old Spock, respectively. There are still several other major parts that need to be cast before the November 2007 start date, including a young James T. Kirk and Scotty, though.
More Star Trek News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio