Kiefer Sutherland Pleads Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to 48 Days in Jail
Pleaded no contest to DUI charges, Kiefer Sutherland is heading for the jail soon.
The actor, well known for his role of Jack Bauer on the Fox television series "24," has been pleaded no contest to drunken driving Tuesday October 9th in a Los Angeles court where prosecutors asked that he be jailed for 48 days.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence September 25th in Hollywood after failing a field sobriety test with an alcohol-level three times above the legal limit. Taking into account that he was also on probation for another drunk driving violation in 2004, Los Angeles prosecutor asked the court that he be sentenced to 18 days in jail in addition to 30 days for the current charge.
Sutherland will have to serve the first 18-day sentence on December 21st, and the other 30-day sentence on July 1, 2008 should the judge adheres to prosecutor's recommendations.
Lawyer Blair Berk, entered the guilty plea on behalf of the star, said a second misdemeanor charge, driving under the influence, was dropped. And as part of the arrangement, Sutherland will have to attend an 18-month alcohol-education class and weekly alcohol-therapy session for six months.
As of Sutherland, he revealed his guilty feeling in a statement, saying "I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on '24' and at 20th Century Fox."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation