Kiefer Sutherland Pleads Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to 48 Days in Jail
Pleaded no contest to DUI charges, Kiefer Sutherland is heading for the jail soon.
The actor, well known for his role of Jack Bauer on the Fox television series "24," has been pleaded no contest to drunken driving Tuesday October 9th in a Los Angeles court where prosecutors asked that he be jailed for 48 days.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence September 25th in Hollywood after failing a field sobriety test with an alcohol-level three times above the legal limit. Taking into account that he was also on probation for another drunk driving violation in 2004, Los Angeles prosecutor asked the court that he be sentenced to 18 days in jail in addition to 30 days for the current charge.
Sutherland will have to serve the first 18-day sentence on December 21st, and the other 30-day sentence on July 1, 2008 should the judge adheres to prosecutor's recommendations.
Lawyer Blair Berk, entered the guilty plea on behalf of the star, said a second misdemeanor charge, driving under the influence, was dropped. And as part of the arrangement, Sutherland will have to attend an 18-month alcohol-education class and weekly alcohol-therapy session for six months.
As of Sutherland, he revealed his guilty feeling in a statement, saying "I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on '24' and at 20th Century Fox."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'