Kiefer Sutherland Pleads Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to 48 Days in Jail
Pleaded no contest to DUI charges, Kiefer Sutherland is heading for the jail soon.
The actor, well known for his role of Jack Bauer on the Fox television series "24," has been pleaded no contest to drunken driving Tuesday October 9th in a Los Angeles court where prosecutors asked that he be jailed for 48 days.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence September 25th in Hollywood after failing a field sobriety test with an alcohol-level three times above the legal limit. Taking into account that he was also on probation for another drunk driving violation in 2004, Los Angeles prosecutor asked the court that he be sentenced to 18 days in jail in addition to 30 days for the current charge.
Sutherland will have to serve the first 18-day sentence on December 21st, and the other 30-day sentence on July 1, 2008 should the judge adheres to prosecutor's recommendations.
Lawyer Blair Berk, entered the guilty plea on behalf of the star, said a second misdemeanor charge, driving under the influence, was dropped. And as part of the arrangement, Sutherland will have to attend an 18-month alcohol-education class and weekly alcohol-therapy session for six months.
As of Sutherland, he revealed his guilty feeling in a statement, saying "I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on '24' and at 20th Century Fox."
More Kiefer Sutherland News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics