Kiefer Sutherland Pleads Guilty to DUI, Sentenced to 48 Days in Jail
Pleaded no contest to DUI charges, Kiefer Sutherland is heading for the jail soon.
The actor, well known for his role of Jack Bauer on the Fox television series "24," has been pleaded no contest to drunken driving Tuesday October 9th in a Los Angeles court where prosecutors asked that he be jailed for 48 days.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence September 25th in Hollywood after failing a field sobriety test with an alcohol-level three times above the legal limit. Taking into account that he was also on probation for another drunk driving violation in 2004, Los Angeles prosecutor asked the court that he be sentenced to 18 days in jail in addition to 30 days for the current charge.
Sutherland will have to serve the first 18-day sentence on December 21st, and the other 30-day sentence on July 1, 2008 should the judge adheres to prosecutor's recommendations.
Lawyer Blair Berk, entered the guilty plea on behalf of the star, said a second misdemeanor charge, driving under the influence, was dropped. And as part of the arrangement, Sutherland will have to attend an 18-month alcohol-education class and weekly alcohol-therapy session for six months.
As of Sutherland, he revealed his guilty feeling in a statement, saying "I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on '24' and at 20th Century Fox."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up