David Hasselhoff Had Drinking Relapse, Undergoing Detox
David Hasselhoff is reported to have had a drinking relapse and is currently in a LA hospital undergoing detox.
Explaining on the hospitalization, the star's representative Judy Katz issued a statement, confirming "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors. He is doing fine and will be back home in the morning."
The confirmation indeed came on the heels of a story run by The National Enquirer that claimed the recovering alcoholic actor checked into the Cedars Sinai Medical Centre on Monday October 8th for detox.
A source told the National Enquirer David looked "awful" when he was brought in. "His color was ashen. He felt sick. It was just so sad," the source testified.
Rumors of David's drinking problems made headlines in May when a videotape surfaced showing the former "Baywatch" actor, apparently drunk, attempting to eat a hamburger off the floor in a Las Vegas hotel room. Shortly after that, the father of two issued a statement saying he is battling alcoholism.
More David Hasselhoff News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert