David Hasselhoff Had Drinking Relapse, Undergoing Detox
David Hasselhoff is reported to have had a drinking relapse and is currently in a LA hospital undergoing detox.
Explaining on the hospitalization, the star's representative Judy Katz issued a statement, confirming "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors. He is doing fine and will be back home in the morning."
The confirmation indeed came on the heels of a story run by The National Enquirer that claimed the recovering alcoholic actor checked into the Cedars Sinai Medical Centre on Monday October 8th for detox.
A source told the National Enquirer David looked "awful" when he was brought in. "His color was ashen. He felt sick. It was just so sad," the source testified.
Rumors of David's drinking problems made headlines in May when a videotape surfaced showing the former "Baywatch" actor, apparently drunk, attempting to eat a hamburger off the floor in a Las Vegas hotel room. Shortly after that, the father of two issued a statement saying he is battling alcoholism.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie