David Hasselhoff Had Drinking Relapse, Undergoing Detox
David Hasselhoff is reported to have had a drinking relapse and is currently in a LA hospital undergoing detox.
Explaining on the hospitalization, the star's representative Judy Katz issued a statement, confirming "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors. He is doing fine and will be back home in the morning."
The confirmation indeed came on the heels of a story run by The National Enquirer that claimed the recovering alcoholic actor checked into the Cedars Sinai Medical Centre on Monday October 8th for detox.
A source told the National Enquirer David looked "awful" when he was brought in. "His color was ashen. He felt sick. It was just so sad," the source testified.
Rumors of David's drinking problems made headlines in May when a videotape surfaced showing the former "Baywatch" actor, apparently drunk, attempting to eat a hamburger off the floor in a Las Vegas hotel room. Shortly after that, the father of two issued a statement saying he is battling alcoholism.
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer