Taking Back Sunday Saying Goodbye to Guitarist
While announcing that their fourth studio album has been on the making, Taking Back Sunday also reveal that member Fred Mascherino is quitting the band. The guitarist left the group in early September to concentrate on a side project namely The Color Fred.
Frontman Adam Lazzara expressed his thoughts on the departure, "We are sad to see Fred go and we wish him well with his new project." Although there's still no plan of replacement, Lazzara maintains the current members' composure in preparation of the next album. "We're alive and well," he said. "We've started working on the new album and it feels really good."
Meanwhile Mascherino also gave his first statement regarding the leaving on Thursday, October 4. He said, "This is the first time I'm talking to anyone about this. But, yeah, I have parted ways with Taking Back Sunday. I felt like during the time we were together, we made some great music together, but it was getting to the point where I felt I had taken the road as long as I possibly could."
Mascherino joined Taking Back Sunday in 2003. The band has been going through a lot of line-up change since its formation in 1999. The only remaining and original member would be guitarist Eddie Reyes.
The Color Fred would release a debut album called 'Bend to Break' on October 30. "I want to make music that's really, truly the truth," Mascherino gushed.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl