Taking Back Sunday Saying Goodbye to Guitarist
While announcing that their fourth studio album has been on the making, Taking Back Sunday also reveal that member Fred Mascherino is quitting the band. The guitarist left the group in early September to concentrate on a side project namely The Color Fred.
Frontman Adam Lazzara expressed his thoughts on the departure, "We are sad to see Fred go and we wish him well with his new project." Although there's still no plan of replacement, Lazzara maintains the current members' composure in preparation of the next album. "We're alive and well," he said. "We've started working on the new album and it feels really good."
Meanwhile Mascherino also gave his first statement regarding the leaving on Thursday, October 4. He said, "This is the first time I'm talking to anyone about this. But, yeah, I have parted ways with Taking Back Sunday. I felt like during the time we were together, we made some great music together, but it was getting to the point where I felt I had taken the road as long as I possibly could."
Mascherino joined Taking Back Sunday in 2003. The band has been going through a lot of line-up change since its formation in 1999. The only remaining and original member would be guitarist Eddie Reyes.
The Color Fred would release a debut album called 'Bend to Break' on October 30. "I want to make music that's really, truly the truth," Mascherino gushed.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance