Taking Back Sunday Saying Goodbye to Guitarist
While announcing that their fourth studio album has been on the making, Taking Back Sunday also reveal that member Fred Mascherino is quitting the band. The guitarist left the group in early September to concentrate on a side project namely The Color Fred.
Frontman Adam Lazzara expressed his thoughts on the departure, "We are sad to see Fred go and we wish him well with his new project." Although there's still no plan of replacement, Lazzara maintains the current members' composure in preparation of the next album. "We're alive and well," he said. "We've started working on the new album and it feels really good."
Meanwhile Mascherino also gave his first statement regarding the leaving on Thursday, October 4. He said, "This is the first time I'm talking to anyone about this. But, yeah, I have parted ways with Taking Back Sunday. I felt like during the time we were together, we made some great music together, but it was getting to the point where I felt I had taken the road as long as I possibly could."
Mascherino joined Taking Back Sunday in 2003. The band has been going through a lot of line-up change since its formation in 1999. The only remaining and original member would be guitarist Eddie Reyes.
The Color Fred would release a debut album called 'Bend to Break' on October 30. "I want to make music that's really, truly the truth," Mascherino gushed.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show