Taking Back Sunday Saying Goodbye to Guitarist
While announcing that their fourth studio album has been on the making, Taking Back Sunday also reveal that member Fred Mascherino is quitting the band. The guitarist left the group in early September to concentrate on a side project namely The Color Fred.
Frontman Adam Lazzara expressed his thoughts on the departure, "We are sad to see Fred go and we wish him well with his new project." Although there's still no plan of replacement, Lazzara maintains the current members' composure in preparation of the next album. "We're alive and well," he said. "We've started working on the new album and it feels really good."
Meanwhile Mascherino also gave his first statement regarding the leaving on Thursday, October 4. He said, "This is the first time I'm talking to anyone about this. But, yeah, I have parted ways with Taking Back Sunday. I felt like during the time we were together, we made some great music together, but it was getting to the point where I felt I had taken the road as long as I possibly could."
Mascherino joined Taking Back Sunday in 2003. The band has been going through a lot of line-up change since its formation in 1999. The only remaining and original member would be guitarist Eddie Reyes.
The Color Fred would release a debut album called 'Bend to Break' on October 30. "I want to make music that's really, truly the truth," Mascherino gushed.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture