Spice Girls to Make 'Headlines' Their Brand New Single
On Friday (October 5), Geri Halliwell has confirmed on behalf of her reformed band, Spice Girls, that a new single called 'Headlines' will be released a week after their 'Greatest Hits' album hit the stores. Halliwell described the song to GMTV as "big love song" and a "Spice Girls' classic".
Halliwell said, "Emma and I initially worked on it with the original writers we used to collaborate with and then the other girls chipped in later on, adding lyrics. It's a Spice Girl classic. We are so proud it."
She added, "We started putting words down before we even had the finalized yes from everyone. It was kind of like a prayer - when you kind of put the footwork in hoping that it will happen - so it is a really special song, it's kind of magical. It's a big love song."
On the same day bandmate Melanie C revealed on Radio One that the song has a longer title which is 'Headlines (Friendship Never ends)'. This would be one of the two new songs included in their best-of compilation 'Greatest Hits' that will be released in U.K. on November 12.
The single will also be the official song for this year's BBC 'Children in Need' charity fundraising cause.
The girls' world tour will begin December 2 in Canada and majority of their gigs have been sold-out. There are new dates being added in some European countries including Germany. Check out their official website for more tour information.
Meanwhile, 'Greatest Hits' U.K. release date was pushed one week further to November 12 after boyband Westlife also decided to drop their album 'Back Home' on November 5. This movement is considered to avoid chart battle between the two big bands.
Geri Halliwell's interview on GMTV:
More Spice Girls News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera