Spice Girls to Make 'Headlines' Their Brand New Single
On Friday (October 5), Geri Halliwell has confirmed on behalf of her reformed band, Spice Girls, that a new single called 'Headlines' will be released a week after their 'Greatest Hits' album hit the stores. Halliwell described the song to GMTV as "big love song" and a "Spice Girls' classic".
Halliwell said, "Emma and I initially worked on it with the original writers we used to collaborate with and then the other girls chipped in later on, adding lyrics. It's a Spice Girl classic. We are so proud it."
She added, "We started putting words down before we even had the finalized yes from everyone. It was kind of like a prayer - when you kind of put the footwork in hoping that it will happen - so it is a really special song, it's kind of magical. It's a big love song."
On the same day bandmate Melanie C revealed on Radio One that the song has a longer title which is 'Headlines (Friendship Never ends)'. This would be one of the two new songs included in their best-of compilation 'Greatest Hits' that will be released in U.K. on November 12.
The single will also be the official song for this year's BBC 'Children in Need' charity fundraising cause.
The girls' world tour will begin December 2 in Canada and majority of their gigs have been sold-out. There are new dates being added in some European countries including Germany. Check out their official website for more tour information.
Meanwhile, 'Greatest Hits' U.K. release date was pushed one week further to November 12 after boyband Westlife also decided to drop their album 'Back Home' on November 5. This movement is considered to avoid chart battle between the two big bands.
Geri Halliwell's interview on GMTV:
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage