Beyonce Knowles Sued for 'Baby Boy' Lyrics, Again
Beyonce Knowles is once again caught in copyright infringement case. This time it's her #1 single 'Baby Boy' song that is put at the stake for similarity in lyrics.
Jennifer Armour, a singer-songwriter from Minnesota who has has accused Beyonce of using the words from her song 'Got a Little Bit of Love for You' once again revives the case in Lubbock, Texas. Armour's lawyer, Dana Kirk, claimed that there was no jury present when the case was first brought to court in 2005.
This time, Kirk is prepared with expert analysis of the similarities between the two songs, which Beyonce's lawyer, Cynthia Arato, is ready to encounter with. Arato is confident that the similarity is judged by average listeners and not some "scientists".
In 2006, federal judge in Houston dismissed the case saying that the two tracks are "substantially dissimilar". For one thing, 'Baby Boy' is an upbeat song while Armour's song is more melodic and slower.
This is one of the three similar case that Beyonce has faced. In 2003 with Destiny's Child, she is accused of sampling a Miami-based producer's song called 'Glorious' for their hit 'Survivor'. Just this year, singer Des'ree also claimed that Beyonce didn't ask her permission to include 'Still in Love (Kissing You)' in her 'B'Day' deluxe edition.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie