Beyonce Knowles Sued for 'Baby Boy' Lyrics, Again
Beyonce Knowles is once again caught in copyright infringement case. This time it's her #1 single 'Baby Boy' song that is put at the stake for similarity in lyrics.
Jennifer Armour, a singer-songwriter from Minnesota who has has accused Beyonce of using the words from her song 'Got a Little Bit of Love for You' once again revives the case in Lubbock, Texas. Armour's lawyer, Dana Kirk, claimed that there was no jury present when the case was first brought to court in 2005.
This time, Kirk is prepared with expert analysis of the similarities between the two songs, which Beyonce's lawyer, Cynthia Arato, is ready to encounter with. Arato is confident that the similarity is judged by average listeners and not some "scientists".
In 2006, federal judge in Houston dismissed the case saying that the two tracks are "substantially dissimilar". For one thing, 'Baby Boy' is an upbeat song while Armour's song is more melodic and slower.
This is one of the three similar case that Beyonce has faced. In 2003 with Destiny's Child, she is accused of sampling a Miami-based producer's song called 'Glorious' for their hit 'Survivor'. Just this year, singer Des'ree also claimed that Beyonce didn't ask her permission to include 'Still in Love (Kissing You)' in her 'B'Day' deluxe edition.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation