Radiohead's 'Rainbows' to be Released Physically
Rumors have been up and down that Radiohead is closing deal with a label to release their new album physically. The band that has been unsigned for more than a year, have several potential labels on their list including old time partner, EMI.
The band's managers have previously confirmed that 'In Rainbows' will be released in CD format sometime in 2008. It is currently being distributed digitally through their official site that was crashed due to the huge demand.
"The band think they (are) incredibly proud of this record and feel that it deserves to be brought into the mass marketplace," manager Chris Hufford said. "That's why we need a record company who have that infrastructure to deliver the CD."
NME reported that HMV listed the album to be released via Parlophone, an imprint company of EMI. However, the management once again won't clarify the truth saying, "(There)'s no news on who the band will partner with as yet, or indeed when the release will be, so this is not the case. At the moment, there are no plans to release a commercial/standard CD before Christmas."
Other possible recording houses that eying a deal with the band are ATO and Warner Bros. Indeed there's still a possibility of independent release.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart