Radiohead's 'Rainbows' to be Released Physically
Rumors have been up and down that Radiohead is closing deal with a label to release their new album physically. The band that has been unsigned for more than a year, have several potential labels on their list including old time partner, EMI.
The band's managers have previously confirmed that 'In Rainbows' will be released in CD format sometime in 2008. It is currently being distributed digitally through their official site that was crashed due to the huge demand.
"The band think they (are) incredibly proud of this record and feel that it deserves to be brought into the mass marketplace," manager Chris Hufford said. "That's why we need a record company who have that infrastructure to deliver the CD."
NME reported that HMV listed the album to be released via Parlophone, an imprint company of EMI. However, the management once again won't clarify the truth saying, "(There)'s no news on who the band will partner with as yet, or indeed when the release will be, so this is not the case. At the moment, there are no plans to release a commercial/standard CD before Christmas."
Other possible recording houses that eying a deal with the band are ATO and Warner Bros. Indeed there's still a possibility of independent release.
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes