Radiohead's 'Rainbows' to be Released Physically
Rumors have been up and down that Radiohead is closing deal with a label to release their new album physically. The band that has been unsigned for more than a year, have several potential labels on their list including old time partner, EMI.
The band's managers have previously confirmed that 'In Rainbows' will be released in CD format sometime in 2008. It is currently being distributed digitally through their official site that was crashed due to the huge demand.
"The band think they (are) incredibly proud of this record and feel that it deserves to be brought into the mass marketplace," manager Chris Hufford said. "That's why we need a record company who have that infrastructure to deliver the CD."
NME reported that HMV listed the album to be released via Parlophone, an imprint company of EMI. However, the management once again won't clarify the truth saying, "(There)'s no news on who the band will partner with as yet, or indeed when the release will be, so this is not the case. At the moment, there are no plans to release a commercial/standard CD before Christmas."
Other possible recording houses that eying a deal with the band are ATO and Warner Bros. Indeed there's still a possibility of independent release.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo