Radiohead's 'Rainbows' to be Released Physically
Rumors have been up and down that Radiohead is closing deal with a label to release their new album physically. The band that has been unsigned for more than a year, have several potential labels on their list including old time partner, EMI.
The band's managers have previously confirmed that 'In Rainbows' will be released in CD format sometime in 2008. It is currently being distributed digitally through their official site that was crashed due to the huge demand.
"The band think they (are) incredibly proud of this record and feel that it deserves to be brought into the mass marketplace," manager Chris Hufford said. "That's why we need a record company who have that infrastructure to deliver the CD."
NME reported that HMV listed the album to be released via Parlophone, an imprint company of EMI. However, the management once again won't clarify the truth saying, "(There)'s no news on who the band will partner with as yet, or indeed when the release will be, so this is not the case. At the moment, there are no plans to release a commercial/standard CD before Christmas."
Other possible recording houses that eying a deal with the band are ATO and Warner Bros. Indeed there's still a possibility of independent release.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge