Transformers Team Set to Get Back for Sequel
Looks like the principal duties in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will still be handled by the same old names. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that director Michael Bay and star Shia LaBeouf are delightfully reprising their respective tasks with duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci in talks to once again work on the script, this time alongside "The Ring" scribe Ehren Kruger.
Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and Don Murphy are reported to also return to produce, and so is Steven Spielberg, who served as the executive producer for the project's predecessor "Transformers."
Trade says the potential next teaming of Kurtzman and Orci might be an industry first and could have been necessary because Kurtzman and Orci are also busy penning J.J. Abrams-directed "Star Trek" for Paramount Pictures as well as producing "Eagle Eye" for DreamWorks SKG. Meanwhile, Kruger is said to have impressed Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner with his knowledge of the "Transformers" mythology.
The collaboration among the threesome, however, won't be a case of complete strangers being thrust together since they have already joined forces on "Nightlife", Dreamworks' film adaptation of Thomas Perry's novel of the same name. Nevertheless, if deals are indeed struck, the party will probably have to type fast as the studio is keen to develop the flick before the impending talent strike.
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right