Transformers Team Set to Get Back for Sequel
Looks like the principal duties in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will still be handled by the same old names. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that director Michael Bay and star Shia LaBeouf are delightfully reprising their respective tasks with duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci in talks to once again work on the script, this time alongside "The Ring" scribe Ehren Kruger.
Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and Don Murphy are reported to also return to produce, and so is Steven Spielberg, who served as the executive producer for the project's predecessor "Transformers."
Trade says the potential next teaming of Kurtzman and Orci might be an industry first and could have been necessary because Kurtzman and Orci are also busy penning J.J. Abrams-directed "Star Trek" for Paramount Pictures as well as producing "Eagle Eye" for DreamWorks SKG. Meanwhile, Kruger is said to have impressed Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner with his knowledge of the "Transformers" mythology.
The collaboration among the threesome, however, won't be a case of complete strangers being thrust together since they have already joined forces on "Nightlife", Dreamworks' film adaptation of Thomas Perry's novel of the same name. Nevertheless, if deals are indeed struck, the party will probably have to type fast as the studio is keen to develop the flick before the impending talent strike.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group