Transformers Team Set to Get Back for Sequel
Looks like the principal duties in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will still be handled by the same old names. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that director Michael Bay and star Shia LaBeouf are delightfully reprising their respective tasks with duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci in talks to once again work on the script, this time alongside "The Ring" scribe Ehren Kruger.
Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and Don Murphy are reported to also return to produce, and so is Steven Spielberg, who served as the executive producer for the project's predecessor "Transformers."
Trade says the potential next teaming of Kurtzman and Orci might be an industry first and could have been necessary because Kurtzman and Orci are also busy penning J.J. Abrams-directed "Star Trek" for Paramount Pictures as well as producing "Eagle Eye" for DreamWorks SKG. Meanwhile, Kruger is said to have impressed Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner with his knowledge of the "Transformers" mythology.
The collaboration among the threesome, however, won't be a case of complete strangers being thrust together since they have already joined forces on "Nightlife", Dreamworks' film adaptation of Thomas Perry's novel of the same name. Nevertheless, if deals are indeed struck, the party will probably have to type fast as the studio is keen to develop the flick before the impending talent strike.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media