Kate Moss Accused of Having Fake Lashes in Mascara Ads
Kate Moss is fake. The supermodel has been accused of having fake lashes for a mascara ad for cosmetics brand Rimmel which as a result caused the ad to be banned in UK.
The adverts, promoting Rimmel's new Magnif'Eyes mascara, claim that their product "boosts the length of women's eyelashes by up to 70 per cent more than rival brands." However, two viewers accused Moss of having fake lashes while appearing in the product's magazine and TV ads. Not only they doubted her eyelashes were genuine, but also claimed the ads to have exaggerated the effect of the mascara.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) accused Rimmel to have failed to provide evidence that confirmed Moss was not wearing false eyelashes in TV and magazine adverts promoting its " Magnif'Eyes mascara" brush.
Rimmel, on the other hand, insisted to have submitted a report in which it said it had tested the claim of 70 percent more lash lift on 10 female panelists. It provided a table showing comparative measurements taken using digital imagery that recorded the difference in eyelash height before and after the product was applied. They said the results showed the average recorded increase in lash lift from root to tip was 75 percent.
Advertising company behind the promo J Walter Thompson (JWT) maintained that Moss was not wearing false eyelashes on the shoot, but did not send documentary evidence to ASA which is such an unfortunate for the cosmetics giant.
Thus, since ASA "had not received documentary evidence that Kate Moss was not wearing false lashes in the ads" it "concluded that the images of the eye lashes in the press and TV ads may have exaggerated the benefits of the product, and were likely to mislead consumers." ASA, moreover, also told Rimmel to include a disclaimer in future adverts making it clear when post-production techniques had been used to increase the effects of a product.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis