John Mellencamp Wrote a Song for 'Jena'
John Mellencamp has expressed his concern towards Jena Six case though his music. The rocker recently composed a song in support of the six black teenagers who are accused of battering a white school mate.
The 'Jena' song has the lyrics: "An all white jury hides the executioner's face / Oh oh oh Jena / Oh oh oh Jena / Take your nooses down / So what becomes of boys that cannot think straight / Particularly those with paper bag skin / Yes sir, no sir wipe that smile off your face / We've got our rules here and you've got to fit in."
The racial-charged Jena incident in Louisiana has brought public attention for its unfair prosecutions to the black teenagers. Rapper Mos Def also held a rally last month to spread the news on their plight.
On other news, Mellencamp is one of the nominees of 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Madonna, Beastie Boys and many more. The chosen one will be formally inducted at Waldorf Astoria Hotel next March.
'Jena', John Mellencamp:
More John Mellencamp News
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert