John Mellencamp Wrote a Song for 'Jena'
John Mellencamp has expressed his concern towards Jena Six case though his music. The rocker recently composed a song in support of the six black teenagers who are accused of battering a white school mate.
The 'Jena' song has the lyrics: "An all white jury hides the executioner's face / Oh oh oh Jena / Oh oh oh Jena / Take your nooses down / So what becomes of boys that cannot think straight / Particularly those with paper bag skin / Yes sir, no sir wipe that smile off your face / We've got our rules here and you've got to fit in."
The racial-charged Jena incident in Louisiana has brought public attention for its unfair prosecutions to the black teenagers. Rapper Mos Def also held a rally last month to spread the news on their plight.
On other news, Mellencamp is one of the nominees of 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Madonna, Beastie Boys and many more. The chosen one will be formally inducted at Waldorf Astoria Hotel next March.
'Jena', John Mellencamp:
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris