John Mellencamp Wrote a Song for 'Jena'
John Mellencamp has expressed his concern towards Jena Six case though his music. The rocker recently composed a song in support of the six black teenagers who are accused of battering a white school mate.
The 'Jena' song has the lyrics: "An all white jury hides the executioner's face / Oh oh oh Jena / Oh oh oh Jena / Take your nooses down / So what becomes of boys that cannot think straight / Particularly those with paper bag skin / Yes sir, no sir wipe that smile off your face / We've got our rules here and you've got to fit in."
The racial-charged Jena incident in Louisiana has brought public attention for its unfair prosecutions to the black teenagers. Rapper Mos Def also held a rally last month to spread the news on their plight.
On other news, Mellencamp is one of the nominees of 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Madonna, Beastie Boys and many more. The chosen one will be formally inducted at Waldorf Astoria Hotel next March.
'Jena', John Mellencamp:
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour