John Mellencamp Wrote a Song for 'Jena'
John Mellencamp has expressed his concern towards Jena Six case though his music. The rocker recently composed a song in support of the six black teenagers who are accused of battering a white school mate.
The 'Jena' song has the lyrics: "An all white jury hides the executioner's face / Oh oh oh Jena / Oh oh oh Jena / Take your nooses down / So what becomes of boys that cannot think straight / Particularly those with paper bag skin / Yes sir, no sir wipe that smile off your face / We've got our rules here and you've got to fit in."
The racial-charged Jena incident in Louisiana has brought public attention for its unfair prosecutions to the black teenagers. Rapper Mos Def also held a rally last month to spread the news on their plight.
On other news, Mellencamp is one of the nominees of 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Madonna, Beastie Boys and many more. The chosen one will be formally inducted at Waldorf Astoria Hotel next March.
'Jena', John Mellencamp:
More John Mellencamp News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked