John Mellencamp Wrote a Song for 'Jena'
John Mellencamp has expressed his concern towards Jena Six case though his music. The rocker recently composed a song in support of the six black teenagers who are accused of battering a white school mate.
The 'Jena' song has the lyrics: "An all white jury hides the executioner's face / Oh oh oh Jena / Oh oh oh Jena / Take your nooses down / So what becomes of boys that cannot think straight / Particularly those with paper bag skin / Yes sir, no sir wipe that smile off your face / We've got our rules here and you've got to fit in."
The racial-charged Jena incident in Louisiana has brought public attention for its unfair prosecutions to the black teenagers. Rapper Mos Def also held a rally last month to spread the news on their plight.
On other news, Mellencamp is one of the nominees of 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame along with Madonna, Beastie Boys and many more. The chosen one will be formally inducted at Waldorf Astoria Hotel next March.
'Jena', John Mellencamp:
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway