A Shining L.A. Premiere for Elizabeth: The Golden Age
After a memorable turn in the recently-held 32nd annual Toronto International Film Festival, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" smoothly extended its reach to the U.S. through its Los Angeles premiere on Monday, October 1, 2007, once again got public mesmerized mostly for the attendance of a number celebrated figures.
Taking place at the Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City Walk, the screening brought together cast members and celebrity guests that included Cate Blanchett, Abbie Cornish, Jordi Molla, director Shekhar Kapur, Rachel Roberts, John Schneider, and Dave Stewart of Eurythmics.
Blanchett, who reprises her role of the titular character for the historical drama, elegantly strolled the red carpet in a turquoise silk one-shouldered caftan designed by Missoni paired with clear Cinderella-esque heels. Her co-star Cornish also turned many heads, looking glamorous in a black and gold beaded ensemble by Badgley Mischka while carrying Mary Norton-designed gold clutch with onyx jewels.
"Golden Age", slated for a theatrical release next Friday, October 12, 2007, is a sequel to Kapur's 1998 effort "Elizabeth" and continues the Virgin Queen's crusade to control love, crush enemies, and secure her position as a beloved icon of the western world. Filming was carried out at Shepperton Studios as well as various locations around the U.K., like Wells Cathedral, St. John's College at Cambridge University, and Burghley House, Stamford, among others.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles Baby Doll While Covering Her Belly in New Pic
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?