John Cusack's Vehicle Stopping Power Now Totally Shut Down
Tragic end has sadly befallen "Stopping Power", the $40-budgeted flick John Cusack is set to star in. Variety has obtained confirmation from the studio producing the project Internationalmedia that production on the action thriller finally gets canceled after it lost funding from one of the film's financial backers.
The company, however, declined to reveal which of the backers had pulled out, indicating that it would pursue legal recourse. Meanwhile, IM Stopping Power, a separate production subsidiary set up for the movie, has filed for insolvency as a result.
Pic, intended to be Jan De Bont's next helming effort, actually had been suspended in late August this year due to the departure of a key investor, but later was reported to get back on the track in September following Internationalmedia's teaming with strategic investor R Media Acquisitions LLC. Plan to start filming was then slated to commence shortly in Berlin yet now obviously is scrapped upon the announcement.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016