John Cusack's Vehicle Stopping Power Now Totally Shut Down
Tragic end has sadly befallen "Stopping Power", the $40-budgeted flick John Cusack is set to star in. Variety has obtained confirmation from the studio producing the project Internationalmedia that production on the action thriller finally gets canceled after it lost funding from one of the film's financial backers.
The company, however, declined to reveal which of the backers had pulled out, indicating that it would pursue legal recourse. Meanwhile, IM Stopping Power, a separate production subsidiary set up for the movie, has filed for insolvency as a result.
Pic, intended to be Jan De Bont's next helming effort, actually had been suspended in late August this year due to the departure of a key investor, but later was reported to get back on the track in September following Internationalmedia's teaming with strategic investor R Media Acquisitions LLC. Plan to start filming was then slated to commence shortly in Berlin yet now obviously is scrapped upon the announcement.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame