John Cusack's Vehicle Stopping Power Now Totally Shut Down
Tragic end has sadly befallen "Stopping Power", the $40-budgeted flick John Cusack is set to star in. Variety has obtained confirmation from the studio producing the project Internationalmedia that production on the action thriller finally gets canceled after it lost funding from one of the film's financial backers.
The company, however, declined to reveal which of the backers had pulled out, indicating that it would pursue legal recourse. Meanwhile, IM Stopping Power, a separate production subsidiary set up for the movie, has filed for insolvency as a result.
Pic, intended to be Jan De Bont's next helming effort, actually had been suspended in late August this year due to the departure of a key investor, but later was reported to get back on the track in September following Internationalmedia's teaming with strategic investor R Media Acquisitions LLC. Plan to start filming was then slated to commence shortly in Berlin yet now obviously is scrapped upon the announcement.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'