John Cusack's Vehicle Stopping Power Now Totally Shut Down
Tragic end has sadly befallen "Stopping Power", the $40-budgeted flick John Cusack is set to star in. Variety has obtained confirmation from the studio producing the project Internationalmedia that production on the action thriller finally gets canceled after it lost funding from one of the film's financial backers.
The company, however, declined to reveal which of the backers had pulled out, indicating that it would pursue legal recourse. Meanwhile, IM Stopping Power, a separate production subsidiary set up for the movie, has filed for insolvency as a result.
Pic, intended to be Jan De Bont's next helming effort, actually had been suspended in late August this year due to the departure of a key investor, but later was reported to get back on the track in September following Internationalmedia's teaming with strategic investor R Media Acquisitions LLC. Plan to start filming was then slated to commence shortly in Berlin yet now obviously is scrapped upon the announcement.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March