John Cusack's Vehicle Stopping Power Now Totally Shut Down
Tragic end has sadly befallen "Stopping Power", the $40-budgeted flick John Cusack is set to star in. Variety has obtained confirmation from the studio producing the project Internationalmedia that production on the action thriller finally gets canceled after it lost funding from one of the film's financial backers.
The company, however, declined to reveal which of the backers had pulled out, indicating that it would pursue legal recourse. Meanwhile, IM Stopping Power, a separate production subsidiary set up for the movie, has filed for insolvency as a result.
Pic, intended to be Jan De Bont's next helming effort, actually had been suspended in late August this year due to the departure of a key investor, but later was reported to get back on the track in September following Internationalmedia's teaming with strategic investor R Media Acquisitions LLC. Plan to start filming was then slated to commence shortly in Berlin yet now obviously is scrapped upon the announcement.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama