Country Music Star Keith Urban Is Okay After Minor Motorcycle Crash
Keith Urban got a case of George Clooney's when he involved in a minor motorcycle accident Monday October 1st, near his home in Sidney, Australia.
In a statement issued by his publicist, Paul Freundlich, Urban said he was headed to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting on his motorcycle in Sydney when he found himself being pursued by a photographer.
"Today's incident was the result of one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy," Urban said through Paul Freundlich. "Some have already attempted to inflate the facts, but the reality is this: While out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, I felt myself being pursued. I sped up, and, in an effort to elude an oncoming car which was making an illegal u-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike."
The country music singer, furthermore, explained "In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road. I returned home, got my car and continued on my way."
According to The Australian newspaper, the accident happened near Nicole Kidman's Darling Point home while a photographer was pursuing Urban on another bike. Elsewhere, the Melbourne Herald-Sun wrote that those who observed the crash said the musician shaking after the incident but was uninjured.
Urban checked himself into a rehabilitation treatment center in October 2006. He completed the program in January 2007.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram