Kiefer Sutherland Formally Charged with Two Misdemeanor Counts of DUI
Kiefer Sutherland is officially charged with DUI. The actor has on Friday September 28th formally charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has confirmed.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the early morning of Sept. 25th in Hollywood after he was stopped by the police for making an illegal u-turn. He was later that day released on $25,000 bail.
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, as a consequence, charged him with two misdemeanor counts; driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. Under California law, each charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a minimum of four days and a $500 fine.
And since Sutherland was previously convicted of DUI back in 2004, he could receive up to an additional six months in jail if the judge in the case decides to revoke his probation. His arraignment is set for October 16th.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked