Kiefer Sutherland Formally Charged with Two Misdemeanor Counts of DUI
Kiefer Sutherland is officially charged with DUI. The actor has on Friday September 28th formally charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has confirmed.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the early morning of Sept. 25th in Hollywood after he was stopped by the police for making an illegal u-turn. He was later that day released on $25,000 bail.
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, as a consequence, charged him with two misdemeanor counts; driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. Under California law, each charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a minimum of four days and a $500 fine.
And since Sutherland was previously convicted of DUI back in 2004, he could receive up to an additional six months in jail if the judge in the case decides to revoke his probation. His arraignment is set for October 16th.
More Kiefer Sutherland News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert