Kiefer Sutherland Formally Charged with Two Misdemeanor Counts of DUI
Kiefer Sutherland is officially charged with DUI. The actor has on Friday September 28th formally charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has confirmed.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the early morning of Sept. 25th in Hollywood after he was stopped by the police for making an illegal u-turn. He was later that day released on $25,000 bail.
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, as a consequence, charged him with two misdemeanor counts; driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. Under California law, each charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a minimum of four days and a $500 fine.
And since Sutherland was previously convicted of DUI back in 2004, he could receive up to an additional six months in jail if the judge in the case decides to revoke his probation. His arraignment is set for October 16th.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza