Kiefer Sutherland Formally Charged with Two Misdemeanor Counts of DUI
Kiefer Sutherland is officially charged with DUI. The actor has on Friday September 28th formally charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has confirmed.
Sutherland was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the early morning of Sept. 25th in Hollywood after he was stopped by the police for making an illegal u-turn. He was later that day released on $25,000 bail.
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, as a consequence, charged him with two misdemeanor counts; driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. Under California law, each charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a minimum of four days and a $500 fine.
And since Sutherland was previously convicted of DUI back in 2004, he could receive up to an additional six months in jail if the judge in the case decides to revoke his probation. His arraignment is set for October 16th.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs