Dominic West Confirmed as Jigsaw in Punisher: War Zone
Two weeks ago, Paddy Considine was noted to remark that talks on him playing Jigsaw in "Punisher: War Zone" had been dropped because Lionsgate decided to go with their first choice for the role. Seems the person's identity has been revealed by now, and guess who, it turns out to be "300" star Dominic West.
Yes, director Lexi Alexander has confirmed on her official website that the Sheffield-born actor is billed to play the character, the main antagonist in the project also the archenemy of the titular character. Along with this, Alexander also informed that T.J. Storm and Wayne Knight would play Maginty and Microchip aka Linus Lieberman, respectively, the latter being the lone confidant who supplies guns and ammo for our vigilante hero.
West, a 1995 graduate of London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama, is probably best known among U.S. audience for his role of Jimmy McNulty on the HBO's TV series "The Wire." His recent big screen credits apart from "300" include "Hannibal Rising", "Mona Lisa Smile", and "The Forgotten", among others.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie