Dominic West Confirmed as Jigsaw in Punisher: War Zone
Two weeks ago, Paddy Considine was noted to remark that talks on him playing Jigsaw in "Punisher: War Zone" had been dropped because Lionsgate decided to go with their first choice for the role. Seems the person's identity has been revealed by now, and guess who, it turns out to be "300" star Dominic West.
Yes, director Lexi Alexander has confirmed on her official website that the Sheffield-born actor is billed to play the character, the main antagonist in the project also the archenemy of the titular character. Along with this, Alexander also informed that T.J. Storm and Wayne Knight would play Maginty and Microchip aka Linus Lieberman, respectively, the latter being the lone confidant who supplies guns and ammo for our vigilante hero.
West, a 1995 graduate of London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama, is probably best known among U.S. audience for his role of Jimmy McNulty on the HBO's TV series "The Wire." His recent big screen credits apart from "300" include "Hannibal Rising", "Mona Lisa Smile", and "The Forgotten", among others.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner