Dominic West Confirmed as Jigsaw in Punisher: War Zone
Two weeks ago, Paddy Considine was noted to remark that talks on him playing Jigsaw in "Punisher: War Zone" had been dropped because Lionsgate decided to go with their first choice for the role. Seems the person's identity has been revealed by now, and guess who, it turns out to be "300" star Dominic West.
Yes, director Lexi Alexander has confirmed on her official website that the Sheffield-born actor is billed to play the character, the main antagonist in the project also the archenemy of the titular character. Along with this, Alexander also informed that T.J. Storm and Wayne Knight would play Maginty and Microchip aka Linus Lieberman, respectively, the latter being the lone confidant who supplies guns and ammo for our vigilante hero.
West, a 1995 graduate of London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama, is probably best known among U.S. audience for his role of Jimmy McNulty on the HBO's TV series "The Wire." His recent big screen credits apart from "300" include "Hannibal Rising", "Mona Lisa Smile", and "The Forgotten", among others.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos