Dominic West Confirmed as Jigsaw in Punisher: War Zone
Two weeks ago, Paddy Considine was noted to remark that talks on him playing Jigsaw in "Punisher: War Zone" had been dropped because Lionsgate decided to go with their first choice for the role. Seems the person's identity has been revealed by now, and guess who, it turns out to be "300" star Dominic West.
Yes, director Lexi Alexander has confirmed on her official website that the Sheffield-born actor is billed to play the character, the main antagonist in the project also the archenemy of the titular character. Along with this, Alexander also informed that T.J. Storm and Wayne Knight would play Maginty and Microchip aka Linus Lieberman, respectively, the latter being the lone confidant who supplies guns and ammo for our vigilante hero.
West, a 1995 graduate of London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama, is probably best known among U.S. audience for his role of Jimmy McNulty on the HBO's TV series "The Wire." His recent big screen credits apart from "300" include "Hannibal Rising", "Mona Lisa Smile", and "The Forgotten", among others.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle