Stargate: Atlantis' Paul McGillion as Scotty, Mike Vogel as Kirk?
Speculations about who to play who in the hugely-anticipated "Star Trek" keep buzzing around loudly, and now have two new names as the possible contender for Scotty and Captain Kirk each.
Regarding the Scotty role, TrekMovie.com has confirmed that "Stargate: Atlantis" cast member Paul McGillion recently auditioned for the part in Los Angeles. The 38-year-old actor, just like the original Scotty's portrayer James Doohan, is also a Canadian, albeit a Scottish-born one who can do the required flawless Scottish accent, and was quoted to informed the site, "Obviously it would be a great honour to follow in James Doohan’s footsteps."
What's more, McGillion turns out to have get full support from Doohan's son Chris Doohan, who sent a note to TrekMovie.com lauding him as "a GREAT choice for the role of Scotty."
"He has a great accent and I think that he actually looks like my father," so the note further stated. "He would be a much better Scotty then [James] McAvoy."
Meanwhile, concerning that of Kirk, IESB.net has brought in interesting scoop pointing out "Poseidon" star Mike Vogel is "the front runner" for the coveted role in the project though Paramount Studios and Vogel's agency, Gersh Agency, both declined to comment. The 28-year-old Pennsylvania native, however, does have connection to "Star Trek" team as he is one of the cast members of "1-18-08" which is produced by J.J. Abrams, none other than "Trek" director himself.
More Star Trek News
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards