Dark Knight Going to Hong Kong, Local Politicians Expressed Concerns
The Caped Crusader will soon leave the Windy City to next cross the ocean to Hong Kong, China for the second installment of its rebooted franchise "The Dark Knight", local newspaper The Standard has confirmed on its official site.
Set to commence shooting there in November, pic will use locations that include the Central-Mid-Levels escalator plus some parts of Queen's Road Central and The Centre as the crew carries out the filming for nine days. Still according to the paper, a helicopter will also be used to shoot the night views along Victoria Harbour and could include A Symphony of Lights, the interactive laser-light performance connecting buildings on both sides of the harbor.
However, the superhero's scheduled arrival on the region appeared to have ignited concerns from local politicians as they considered the filming on the movie might disrupt traffic and cause noise pollution. A district councilor for the affected downtown district of Central even warned the residents to "prepare earplugs" if the aforementioned helicopter indeed takes flight to film the scenery.
"We welcome the movie but want to ensure arrangements are hassle free," added Kwok Ka-ki, a legislator who was among the pack meeting the film's producers on Thursday, September 20, 2007. "Just don't get it done in the middle of the night at 2 a.m.," so he told Reuters, referring to the helicopter sequences.
On the other side, local Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority confirmed to have received a notification from Warner Bros. assuring it would try to minimize any inconvenience to the public. The studio reportedly will bring about 80 U.S.-based staff to Hong Kong with an intention to hire another 200 local staff for the filming, which will depict Batman fighting his enemies who are gathering in this former U.K's crown colony.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season