Dark Knight Going to Hong Kong, Local Politicians Expressed Concerns
The Caped Crusader will soon leave the Windy City to next cross the ocean to Hong Kong, China for the second installment of its rebooted franchise "The Dark Knight", local newspaper The Standard has confirmed on its official site.
Set to commence shooting there in November, pic will use locations that include the Central-Mid-Levels escalator plus some parts of Queen's Road Central and The Centre as the crew carries out the filming for nine days. Still according to the paper, a helicopter will also be used to shoot the night views along Victoria Harbour and could include A Symphony of Lights, the interactive laser-light performance connecting buildings on both sides of the harbor.
However, the superhero's scheduled arrival on the region appeared to have ignited concerns from local politicians as they considered the filming on the movie might disrupt traffic and cause noise pollution. A district councilor for the affected downtown district of Central even warned the residents to "prepare earplugs" if the aforementioned helicopter indeed takes flight to film the scenery.
"We welcome the movie but want to ensure arrangements are hassle free," added Kwok Ka-ki, a legislator who was among the pack meeting the film's producers on Thursday, September 20, 2007. "Just don't get it done in the middle of the night at 2 a.m.," so he told Reuters, referring to the helicopter sequences.
On the other side, local Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority confirmed to have received a notification from Warner Bros. assuring it would try to minimize any inconvenience to the public. The studio reportedly will bring about 80 U.S.-based staff to Hong Kong with an intention to hire another 200 local staff for the filming, which will depict Batman fighting his enemies who are gathering in this former U.K's crown colony.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame