Extinction Had a Hold Over Weekend Box Office
The string of success spawned by "Resident Evil" film franchise since 2002 continues with the glorious triumph its third installment scored over the weekend running September 21-23, 2007.
Scooping a solid $23.7 million in its debut, "Resident Evil: Extinction" wonderfully soared as the No. 1 movie on the chart, toppling not only former champ "The Brave One" but also the $23 million its predecessor "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" garnered to be the best debut for the series.
One, directed by Neil Jordan, had to go down two places to number three after only managed to collect $7.31 million, far less than the $13.7 million another newcomer "Good Luck Chuck" has pulled as the runner-up of the competition.
Rounding out the top five were Western flick "3:10 to Yuma" and Russian mob saga "Eastern Promises", the former adding another $6.26 million into its budding pocket while the latter taking in a fair income of $5.64 million. New college comedy "Sydney White" popped up behind on the sixth spot, scoring slightly less at $5.2 million.
Number seven, in the meantime, was secured by New Line Cinema release "Mr. Woodcock" which made its way to gather $4.92 million in its second run followed by Judd Apatow-produced "Superbad" at $3.11 million. Next two positions went to spy movie "The Bourne Ultimatum" and Korean monster film "Dragon Wars" with respective tally of $2.87 million and $2.6 million.
To see the longer list up to the twentieth rank, do take a look on AceShowBiz's U.S. Box Office page.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed