Extinction Had a Hold Over Weekend Box Office
The string of success spawned by "Resident Evil" film franchise since 2002 continues with the glorious triumph its third installment scored over the weekend running September 21-23, 2007.
Scooping a solid $23.7 million in its debut, "Resident Evil: Extinction" wonderfully soared as the No. 1 movie on the chart, toppling not only former champ "The Brave One" but also the $23 million its predecessor "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" garnered to be the best debut for the series.
One, directed by Neil Jordan, had to go down two places to number three after only managed to collect $7.31 million, far less than the $13.7 million another newcomer "Good Luck Chuck" has pulled as the runner-up of the competition.
Rounding out the top five were Western flick "3:10 to Yuma" and Russian mob saga "Eastern Promises", the former adding another $6.26 million into its budding pocket while the latter taking in a fair income of $5.64 million. New college comedy "Sydney White" popped up behind on the sixth spot, scoring slightly less at $5.2 million.
Number seven, in the meantime, was secured by New Line Cinema release "Mr. Woodcock" which made its way to gather $4.92 million in its second run followed by Judd Apatow-produced "Superbad" at $3.11 million. Next two positions went to spy movie "The Bourne Ultimatum" and Korean monster film "Dragon Wars" with respective tally of $2.87 million and $2.6 million.
To see the longer list up to the twentieth rank, do take a look on AceShowBiz's U.S. Box Office page.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen