Darren Hayes Cleared of Racist Allegations, Handed Police Caution
Darren Hayes is not racist. He's been cleared by a London Court of allegations that he racially abused a door person and was instead handed a police caution.
Hayes was arrested back on July 22nd after allegedly made a racist remark to a male member of staff at Soho restaurant Busaba Eathai. Did admit that a row took place but denied any racial element, he was released on bail and has since refused to comment on that matter.
And after further investigation, the Crown Prosecution and The Metropolitan Police concluded Friday September 21st no charges would be brought against the former Savage Garden frontman and that there was no racist undertone to the incident.
Hayes, on the other hand, was formally cautioned.
Broke his silence over the ruling, Hayes issued a statement on his official Website, saying "I could never think, let alone utter a racist remark. It's just not who I am. As a gay man, I find the notion of discriminating against a human being because of race, gender or sexuality to be abhorrent. It goes against everything I have stood for."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory