Darren Hayes Cleared of Racist Allegations, Handed Police Caution
Darren Hayes is not racist. He's been cleared by a London Court of allegations that he racially abused a door person and was instead handed a police caution.
Hayes was arrested back on July 22nd after allegedly made a racist remark to a male member of staff at Soho restaurant Busaba Eathai. Did admit that a row took place but denied any racial element, he was released on bail and has since refused to comment on that matter.
And after further investigation, the Crown Prosecution and The Metropolitan Police concluded Friday September 21st no charges would be brought against the former Savage Garden frontman and that there was no racist undertone to the incident.
Hayes, on the other hand, was formally cautioned.
Broke his silence over the ruling, Hayes issued a statement on his official Website, saying "I could never think, let alone utter a racist remark. It's just not who I am. As a gay man, I find the notion of discriminating against a human being because of race, gender or sexuality to be abhorrent. It goes against everything I have stood for."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent