Darren Hayes Cleared of Racist Allegations, Handed Police Caution
Darren Hayes is not racist. He's been cleared by a London Court of allegations that he racially abused a door person and was instead handed a police caution.
Hayes was arrested back on July 22nd after allegedly made a racist remark to a male member of staff at Soho restaurant Busaba Eathai. Did admit that a row took place but denied any racial element, he was released on bail and has since refused to comment on that matter.
And after further investigation, the Crown Prosecution and The Metropolitan Police concluded Friday September 21st no charges would be brought against the former Savage Garden frontman and that there was no racist undertone to the incident.
Hayes, on the other hand, was formally cautioned.
Broke his silence over the ruling, Hayes issued a statement on his official Website, saying "I could never think, let alone utter a racist remark. It's just not who I am. As a gay man, I find the notion of discriminating against a human being because of race, gender or sexuality to be abhorrent. It goes against everything I have stood for."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says