Darren Hayes Cleared of Racist Allegations, Handed Police Caution
Darren Hayes is not racist. He's been cleared by a London Court of allegations that he racially abused a door person and was instead handed a police caution.
Hayes was arrested back on July 22nd after allegedly made a racist remark to a male member of staff at Soho restaurant Busaba Eathai. Did admit that a row took place but denied any racial element, he was released on bail and has since refused to comment on that matter.
And after further investigation, the Crown Prosecution and The Metropolitan Police concluded Friday September 21st no charges would be brought against the former Savage Garden frontman and that there was no racist undertone to the incident.
Hayes, on the other hand, was formally cautioned.
Broke his silence over the ruling, Hayes issued a statement on his official Website, saying "I could never think, let alone utter a racist remark. It's just not who I am. As a gay man, I find the notion of discriminating against a human being because of race, gender or sexuality to be abhorrent. It goes against everything I have stood for."
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?