Judge Granted The Game Conditional Discharge on Police Impersonation Charge
It's time for The Game to start learning how to behave. The rapper was on Thursday September 20th granted a conditional discharge on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating an officer, stemmed from a November 2006 arrest during which he told a cab driver that he was an undercover police officer and directed him to run several red lights.
Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Marc Whiten granted the rap star a conditional discharge, meaning that if he isn't arrested again in within six months, the misdemeanor charge will be dismissed and the case file sealed. Commented on the ruling, The Game said after the brief hearing at New York State Supreme Court, "I love New York, but I hate the system. But, I hate every system."
The Game was arrested back on November 16th last year after he told a cab driver that he was an undercover police officer and directed him to run several red lights, police said after his arrest.
The Game, on the other hand, has his own version of story to tell, saying the cab driver noticed they were being followed and asked who was in the car. He claims he then identified himself as "the hip-hop police" and that the driver decided on his own to run the red lights. The cab driver drove about 13 blocks before he was pulled over.
The Game had rejected offers of a plea deal that would have kept him out of jail in exchange for a guilty plea, insisted he was innocent of any crime.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof