Jay-Z Recording a New Album Inspired by 'American Gangster'
Producer and rapper Jay-Z has sneaked quietly behind the mic to release a new album called 'American Gangster'. Not without a concept, Jay-Z is actually inspired by a movie of the same title that will hit theaters on November 2.
Jay-Z came up with the idea to assemble the album after shown the movie that stars Denzel Washington, T.I., Common and Russell Crowe. He has recorded nine tracks that are inspired by specific scene. "It was like I was watching the film, and putting it on pause, and giving a back story to the story," he said.
His album is scheduled to arrive in conjunction to the movie although no specific date has been unveiled. According to NY Times, Jay-Z's label Def Jam will also release the official soundtrack to the pic, featuring artists like Bobby Womack, the Staple Singers and Sam & Dave.
The trailer of the flick has featured his older piece 'Heart of the City'. Two new tracks that would go to his album are reportedly titled 'No Hook' and 'Pray', while the first single called 'Blue Magic' is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
'American Gangster' Trailer:
More Jay-Z News
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why