Jay-Z Recording a New Album Inspired by 'American Gangster'
Producer and rapper Jay-Z has sneaked quietly behind the mic to release a new album called 'American Gangster'. Not without a concept, Jay-Z is actually inspired by a movie of the same title that will hit theaters on November 2.
Jay-Z came up with the idea to assemble the album after shown the movie that stars Denzel Washington, T.I., Common and Russell Crowe. He has recorded nine tracks that are inspired by specific scene. "It was like I was watching the film, and putting it on pause, and giving a back story to the story," he said.
His album is scheduled to arrive in conjunction to the movie although no specific date has been unveiled. According to NY Times, Jay-Z's label Def Jam will also release the official soundtrack to the pic, featuring artists like Bobby Womack, the Staple Singers and Sam & Dave.
The trailer of the flick has featured his older piece 'Heart of the City'. Two new tracks that would go to his album are reportedly titled 'No Hook' and 'Pray', while the first single called 'Blue Magic' is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
'American Gangster' Trailer:
More Jay-Z News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy