Jay-Z Recording a New Album Inspired by 'American Gangster'
Producer and rapper Jay-Z has sneaked quietly behind the mic to release a new album called 'American Gangster'. Not without a concept, Jay-Z is actually inspired by a movie of the same title that will hit theaters on November 2.
Jay-Z came up with the idea to assemble the album after shown the movie that stars Denzel Washington, T.I., Common and Russell Crowe. He has recorded nine tracks that are inspired by specific scene. "It was like I was watching the film, and putting it on pause, and giving a back story to the story," he said.
His album is scheduled to arrive in conjunction to the movie although no specific date has been unveiled. According to NY Times, Jay-Z's label Def Jam will also release the official soundtrack to the pic, featuring artists like Bobby Womack, the Staple Singers and Sam & Dave.
The trailer of the flick has featured his older piece 'Heart of the City'. Two new tracks that would go to his album are reportedly titled 'No Hook' and 'Pray', while the first single called 'Blue Magic' is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
'American Gangster' Trailer:
More Jay-Z News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences