Jay-Z Recording a New Album Inspired by 'American Gangster'
Producer and rapper Jay-Z has sneaked quietly behind the mic to release a new album called 'American Gangster'. Not without a concept, Jay-Z is actually inspired by a movie of the same title that will hit theaters on November 2.
Jay-Z came up with the idea to assemble the album after shown the movie that stars Denzel Washington, T.I., Common and Russell Crowe. He has recorded nine tracks that are inspired by specific scene. "It was like I was watching the film, and putting it on pause, and giving a back story to the story," he said.
His album is scheduled to arrive in conjunction to the movie although no specific date has been unveiled. According to NY Times, Jay-Z's label Def Jam will also release the official soundtrack to the pic, featuring artists like Bobby Womack, the Staple Singers and Sam & Dave.
The trailer of the flick has featured his older piece 'Heart of the City'. Two new tracks that would go to his album are reportedly titled 'No Hook' and 'Pray', while the first single called 'Blue Magic' is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
'American Gangster' Trailer:
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young