Bo Bice to Release His Second Album
Bo Bice just strengthens the notion that it doesn't take the first position in American Idol to have one record after another. The rock singer will release his second album called 'See the Light', the follow up of 2005's 'The Real Thing' that debuted at #4 in Billboard Hot 200 chart.
"I enjoyed 'The Real Thing,' but (the new album) is more a labor of love," Bo told Billboard.com. "It's really me getting back to the roots of what Bo is, which is a Southern rock album and nothing more."
Decided to make this album a little personal, Bo wrote most of the songs and "hand picked" the collaborators that include Chris Tompkins (Carrie Underwood's 'Before He Cheats'), A.J. Croce and Gary Nichols.
"This time it was just total freedom," he explained. "We had no inhibitions about what this was going to be; we just went in and did whatever we wanted to. The freedom shines through."
The album is exclusively distributed at WalMart outlets for pre-sale starting from yesterday (September 18) to October 23. Its digital and other means of release will be launched immediately after, via indie label StartArt.
The first single lifted from the album is titled 'Witness' which is scheduled to be released on U.S. radio later this month. The video will be shot in in Nashville and directed by Ramon Boutviseth, incorporating "performance footage into a story line inspired by the song's lyrics," according to Bo's MySpace.
Official tracklisting of 'See the Light':
- Take the Country Outta Me
- I'm Gone
- Only Words
- Got Money
- See the Light
- Sinner in a Sin
- This Train
- Ain't Gonna Die
- Whiskey, Women & Time
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences