Warner Bros. Creating Paddington Bear Movie
The well-meaning, anthropomorphic bear is heading to the big screen. That's right, Warner Bros. Pictures has teamed up once more with "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman to develop "Paddington Bear" based on the Michael Bond famous children book series.
In working on the project, Warner is said to draw inspiration from the whole series instead of adapting it from any specific book with intention to make it as a live-action flick presenting a CGI bear in the manner of "Stuart Little" series. Hamish McColl has been hired to pen the script while Heyman is producing via his London-based Heyday Films.
"Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, and I have wanted to bring him to screen for some years," Heyman commented. "Michael Bond's 'Paddington' books have such wit, wonder and charm...Above all, I love Paddington's unique style of comedy."
Consisting of eleven books, the original series follows the adventures and mishaps of a talking bear from "Darkest Peru" who gets adopted by a London family when they find him lost at Paddington Station. The title character has become a classic English children's literature icon with the books being translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!