Warner Bros. Creating Paddington Bear Movie
The well-meaning, anthropomorphic bear is heading to the big screen. That's right, Warner Bros. Pictures has teamed up once more with "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman to develop "Paddington Bear" based on the Michael Bond famous children book series.
In working on the project, Warner is said to draw inspiration from the whole series instead of adapting it from any specific book with intention to make it as a live-action flick presenting a CGI bear in the manner of "Stuart Little" series. Hamish McColl has been hired to pen the script while Heyman is producing via his London-based Heyday Films.
"Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, and I have wanted to bring him to screen for some years," Heyman commented. "Michael Bond's 'Paddington' books have such wit, wonder and charm...Above all, I love Paddington's unique style of comedy."
Consisting of eleven books, the original series follows the adventures and mishaps of a talking bear from "Darkest Peru" who gets adopted by a London family when they find him lost at Paddington Station. The title character has become a classic English children's literature icon with the books being translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
More Paddington News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3