Warner Bros. Creating Paddington Bear Movie
The well-meaning, anthropomorphic bear is heading to the big screen. That's right, Warner Bros. Pictures has teamed up once more with "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman to develop "Paddington Bear" based on the Michael Bond famous children book series.
In working on the project, Warner is said to draw inspiration from the whole series instead of adapting it from any specific book with intention to make it as a live-action flick presenting a CGI bear in the manner of "Stuart Little" series. Hamish McColl has been hired to pen the script while Heyman is producing via his London-based Heyday Films.
"Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, and I have wanted to bring him to screen for some years," Heyman commented. "Michael Bond's 'Paddington' books have such wit, wonder and charm...Above all, I love Paddington's unique style of comedy."
Consisting of eleven books, the original series follows the adventures and mishaps of a talking bear from "Darkest Peru" who gets adopted by a London family when they find him lost at Paddington Station. The title character has become a classic English children's literature icon with the books being translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch