Warner Bros. Creating Paddington Bear Movie
The well-meaning, anthropomorphic bear is heading to the big screen. That's right, Warner Bros. Pictures has teamed up once more with "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman to develop "Paddington Bear" based on the Michael Bond famous children book series.
In working on the project, Warner is said to draw inspiration from the whole series instead of adapting it from any specific book with intention to make it as a live-action flick presenting a CGI bear in the manner of "Stuart Little" series. Hamish McColl has been hired to pen the script while Heyman is producing via his London-based Heyday Films.
"Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, and I have wanted to bring him to screen for some years," Heyman commented. "Michael Bond's 'Paddington' books have such wit, wonder and charm...Above all, I love Paddington's unique style of comedy."
Consisting of eleven books, the original series follows the adventures and mishaps of a talking bear from "Darkest Peru" who gets adopted by a London family when they find him lost at Paddington Station. The title character has become a classic English children's literature icon with the books being translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?