Jim Broadbent Playing Horace Slughorn in Harry Potter 6
Engaged in an exclusive interview with Dark Horizons, Jim Broadbent openly disclosed to the site that he would take part in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" as the obese former Potions Master Horace Slughorn.
The former head of Slytherin house, Slughorn, in the eye of the Oscar-winning thesp, is a "retired teacher of magic who's drawn back out of retirement" by Harry and Dumbledore because "he's got some secrets they need in the battle against the Death Eaters."
"He is quite a comic character, yes. I haven't started yet. I've had endless costume fittings and makeup," he further remarked, later pointing out that filming on the project, which started yesterday, September 17, will run until May next year.
On the same occasion in another topic, Broadbent also willingly gave more description about the character he portrays in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
"I'm Indiana's academic colleague at Yale," so he revealed. "I'm his friend and colleague -- there's a couple of my scenes to go."
Broadbent, a 1972 graduate of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, took home an Oscar statue in 2002 for his supporting performance in "Iris", Richard Eyre's biographical feature of renowned Irish novelist Iris Murdoch. In early August 2006, he was cast to play Wilbur Turnblad in musical flick "Hairspray", but later got replaced by fellow veteran actor Christopher Walken.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money