Jim Broadbent Playing Horace Slughorn in Harry Potter 6
Engaged in an exclusive interview with Dark Horizons, Jim Broadbent openly disclosed to the site that he would take part in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" as the obese former Potions Master Horace Slughorn.
The former head of Slytherin house, Slughorn, in the eye of the Oscar-winning thesp, is a "retired teacher of magic who's drawn back out of retirement" by Harry and Dumbledore because "he's got some secrets they need in the battle against the Death Eaters."
"He is quite a comic character, yes. I haven't started yet. I've had endless costume fittings and makeup," he further remarked, later pointing out that filming on the project, which started yesterday, September 17, will run until May next year.
On the same occasion in another topic, Broadbent also willingly gave more description about the character he portrays in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
"I'm Indiana's academic colleague at Yale," so he revealed. "I'm his friend and colleague -- there's a couple of my scenes to go."
Broadbent, a 1972 graduate of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, took home an Oscar statue in 2002 for his supporting performance in "Iris", Richard Eyre's biographical feature of renowned Irish novelist Iris Murdoch. In early August 2006, he was cast to play Wilbur Turnblad in musical flick "Hairspray", but later got replaced by fellow veteran actor Christopher Walken.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush