Zoe Saldana Will Be Star Trek's Uhura!
It appears that the last month's scoop from TrekMovie.com indeed rings true. News by The Hollywood Reporter has just stated Zoe Saldana is now in final negotiations to board highly-anticipated flick "Star Trek" as Lt. Uhura, the chief communications officer on the USS Enterprise.
If deals are inked, the actress will officially join the likes of Anton Yelchin, Zachary Quinto, and Leonard Nimoy, who have all been confirmed for the project with Yelchin playing the young Pavel Chekov while Quinto and Nimoy becoming the young and older version of Spock, the Enterprise's Science and First Officer, respectively.
Left to cast, therefore, are the key roles of Dr. Leonard McCoy, Sulu, Scotty and obviously, Captain James T. Kirk. Early rumors previously linked Matt Damon to the latter part, but they were later smashed since the actor in fact was too old for the slot, which supposedly has the Enterprise's third captain in his twenties.
Zaldana, a New Jersey native of Afro-Dominican descent, made her big screen debut in the 2000 ballet movie "Center Stage" to then land her subsequent roles in "Crossroads", "Drumline", and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", among others. Currently filming James Cameron's "Avatar", she next can be seen in thriller flick "Vantage Point", slated to open in theaters on February 15, 2008.
More Star Trek News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?