Zoe Saldana Will Be Star Trek's Uhura!
It appears that the last month's scoop from TrekMovie.com indeed rings true. News by The Hollywood Reporter has just stated Zoe Saldana is now in final negotiations to board highly-anticipated flick "Star Trek" as Lt. Uhura, the chief communications officer on the USS Enterprise.
If deals are inked, the actress will officially join the likes of Anton Yelchin, Zachary Quinto, and Leonard Nimoy, who have all been confirmed for the project with Yelchin playing the young Pavel Chekov while Quinto and Nimoy becoming the young and older version of Spock, the Enterprise's Science and First Officer, respectively.
Left to cast, therefore, are the key roles of Dr. Leonard McCoy, Sulu, Scotty and obviously, Captain James T. Kirk. Early rumors previously linked Matt Damon to the latter part, but they were later smashed since the actor in fact was too old for the slot, which supposedly has the Enterprise's third captain in his twenties.
Zaldana, a New Jersey native of Afro-Dominican descent, made her big screen debut in the 2000 ballet movie "Center Stage" to then land her subsequent roles in "Crossroads", "Drumline", and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", among others. Currently filming James Cameron's "Avatar", she next can be seen in thriller flick "Vantage Point", slated to open in theaters on February 15, 2008.
More Star Trek News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?