Zoe Saldana Will Be Star Trek's Uhura!
It appears that the last month's scoop from TrekMovie.com indeed rings true. News by The Hollywood Reporter has just stated Zoe Saldana is now in final negotiations to board highly-anticipated flick "Star Trek" as Lt. Uhura, the chief communications officer on the USS Enterprise.
If deals are inked, the actress will officially join the likes of Anton Yelchin, Zachary Quinto, and Leonard Nimoy, who have all been confirmed for the project with Yelchin playing the young Pavel Chekov while Quinto and Nimoy becoming the young and older version of Spock, the Enterprise's Science and First Officer, respectively.
Left to cast, therefore, are the key roles of Dr. Leonard McCoy, Sulu, Scotty and obviously, Captain James T. Kirk. Early rumors previously linked Matt Damon to the latter part, but they were later smashed since the actor in fact was too old for the slot, which supposedly has the Enterprise's third captain in his twenties.
Zaldana, a New Jersey native of Afro-Dominican descent, made her big screen debut in the 2000 ballet movie "Center Stage" to then land her subsequent roles in "Crossroads", "Drumline", and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", among others. Currently filming James Cameron's "Avatar", she next can be seen in thriller flick "Vantage Point", slated to open in theaters on February 15, 2008.
More Star Trek News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'