Ghost World Maker Terry Zwigoff In Charge of The $40,000 Man
New Line Cinema is giving a new task to Appleton-born filmmaker Terry Zwigoff. Yes, the man is about to perform his helming duties on "The $40,000 Man", the studio's comedy spoof it sets up alongside BenderSpink, Variety has reported.
Apart from directing the flick, Zwigoff is also working on a rewrite on the script, originally penned by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein, with Daniel Clowes, his co-writer in "Ghost World" and "Art School Confidential." For their effort in the former one, the duo received a nomination in best adapted screenplay slot at the 2002 Academy Awards.
As for the movie, it concerns on a legendary astronaut and true American hero who finds himself horribly injured in a car accident then get rebuilt by the government to be a bionic man, but only on a budget of $40,000, which makes him not all that bionic. BenderSpink's toppers Chris Bender and J.C. Spink both serve as the producer while Jake Weiner is executive producing.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'