Reba McEntire Is Billboard Magazine's First Woman of the Year
Reba McEntire is the first entertainer ever to pick Billboard magazine's "Woman of the Year" award.
The singer and country music performer has been picked by the publication to be handed with their first "Woman of the Year" award in honor of her wide success in music, television, movies and publishing. "Reba is an inspiration to women everywhere and we are delighted to be presenting her with this award," Billboard Group editorial director Tamara Conniff said in a statement.
As of Reba herself, she's "thrilled to be selected as Woman of the Year by Billboard. Although my career has taken me to TV, film and Broadway, music is and always will be my first love. I am touched to be embraced in such a warm way."
Per CMT.com, Billboard magazine's Woman of the Year Award recognizes women who have made significant contributions to the music business and who inspire other women to assume greater responsibilities within the industry. The awards breakfast will honor 20 top female executives in the music industry who will be featured in Billboard's upcoming Women in Music issue, which will be published in early October.
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary