Reba McEntire Is Billboard Magazine's First Woman of the Year
Reba McEntire is the first entertainer ever to pick Billboard magazine's "Woman of the Year" award.
The singer and country music performer has been picked by the publication to be handed with their first "Woman of the Year" award in honor of her wide success in music, television, movies and publishing. "Reba is an inspiration to women everywhere and we are delighted to be presenting her with this award," Billboard Group editorial director Tamara Conniff said in a statement.
As of Reba herself, she's "thrilled to be selected as Woman of the Year by Billboard. Although my career has taken me to TV, film and Broadway, music is and always will be my first love. I am touched to be embraced in such a warm way."
Per CMT.com, Billboard magazine's Woman of the Year Award recognizes women who have made significant contributions to the music business and who inspire other women to assume greater responsibilities within the industry. The awards breakfast will honor 20 top female executives in the music industry who will be featured in Billboard's upcoming Women in Music issue, which will be published in early October.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards