Lil' Kim and 50 Cent Sued for 'Magic Stick'
Lil' Kim is standing on the same side with 50 Cent to face a lawsuit filed by a record producer who seeks his share of royalties. Carlos Evans is demanding the rest of the promised money for a song called 'Magic Stick', especially after it sells well back in 2003.
Evans said in the legal papers that he was responsible for producing, engineering and mixing the track that reached #2 in Billboard Hot 100 and has since sold over 2 million copies. It was initially intended for 50's breakthrough album 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' but was eventually used for Kim's 'La Bella Mafia'.
"It was one of the hottest tracks on that album, and I didn't collect my royalties," said Evans, who said the deal was to get $7,500 in advance and royalties next. The papers stated, the down payment was fulfilled but Evans hasn't received anything else since, while his request for it has been denied.
Rotten Apple Records and Atlantic Records are also named in this case since both act as the distributors of the single. The former's lawyer Theodore Sedlmayr, said the royalty was pended because Evans put a large sample of Joe Simon's 'It Be's That Way Sometimes' in the track, consequently license and payment were taking process first.
"Atlantic is trying to get it straightened out," Sedlmayr said. "If after the accounting Mr. Evans is entitled to anything, he'll get it then." Evans' lawsuit is seeking $1 million for compensatory damages and $1 million for punitive damages.
More Lil' Kim News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth