Lil' Kim and 50 Cent Sued for 'Magic Stick'
Lil' Kim is standing on the same side with 50 Cent to face a lawsuit filed by a record producer who seeks his share of royalties. Carlos Evans is demanding the rest of the promised money for a song called 'Magic Stick', especially after it sells well back in 2003.
Evans said in the legal papers that he was responsible for producing, engineering and mixing the track that reached #2 in Billboard Hot 100 and has since sold over 2 million copies. It was initially intended for 50's breakthrough album 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'' but was eventually used for Kim's 'La Bella Mafia'.
"It was one of the hottest tracks on that album, and I didn't collect my royalties," said Evans, who said the deal was to get $7,500 in advance and royalties next. The papers stated, the down payment was fulfilled but Evans hasn't received anything else since, while his request for it has been denied.
Rotten Apple Records and Atlantic Records are also named in this case since both act as the distributors of the single. The former's lawyer Theodore Sedlmayr, said the royalty was pended because Evans put a large sample of Joe Simon's 'It Be's That Way Sometimes' in the track, consequently license and payment were taking process first.
"Atlantic is trying to get it straightened out," Sedlmayr said. "If after the accounting Mr. Evans is entitled to anything, he'll get it then." Evans' lawsuit is seeking $1 million for compensatory damages and $1 million for punitive damages.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked