Gone Baby Gone U.K. Release Shelved
While moviegoers in the U.S. will get chance to see Ben Affleck's feature directorial debut effort "Gone Baby Gone" in theaters nearby on October 19, 2007, those in the U.K. sadly have to wait for an indefinite time to see the flick grace the big screen in their country.
Buena Vista International U.K. has came to a conclusion to postpone the theatrical release of the mystery drama indefinitely due to the similarities found between the story presented in the flick and the recent real-life case of Madeline McCann, the British girl who disappeared from her Portuguese holiday apartment in early May.
"Miramax Films and BVI U.K. are sensitive to the depth of feeling surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann," both studios announced in a statement. "We have been closely following the case and have decided to delay the release of the film in the U.K."
In line with the distributing company's decision, organizers of this year's Times BFI London Film Festival also opted to pull out the movie from the fest's lineup, and so will not screen it as scheduled on October 26. Official announcement was made on Thursday, September 13 by artistic director, Sandra Hebron.
An adaptation of Dennis Lehane's book, "Gone Baby Gone" follows two detectives as they are tracking the case of a missing four year-old girl, and how it subsequently affects them both professionally and personally.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna