Gone Baby Gone U.K. Release Shelved
While moviegoers in the U.S. will get chance to see Ben Affleck's feature directorial debut effort "Gone Baby Gone" in theaters nearby on October 19, 2007, those in the U.K. sadly have to wait for an indefinite time to see the flick grace the big screen in their country.
Buena Vista International U.K. has came to a conclusion to postpone the theatrical release of the mystery drama indefinitely due to the similarities found between the story presented in the flick and the recent real-life case of Madeline McCann, the British girl who disappeared from her Portuguese holiday apartment in early May.
"Miramax Films and BVI U.K. are sensitive to the depth of feeling surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann," both studios announced in a statement. "We have been closely following the case and have decided to delay the release of the film in the U.K."
In line with the distributing company's decision, organizers of this year's Times BFI London Film Festival also opted to pull out the movie from the fest's lineup, and so will not screen it as scheduled on October 26. Official announcement was made on Thursday, September 13 by artistic director, Sandra Hebron.
An adaptation of Dennis Lehane's book, "Gone Baby Gone" follows two detectives as they are tracking the case of a missing four year-old girl, and how it subsequently affects them both professionally and personally.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?