T.I. Set to Win Big at 2nd BET Hip-Hop Awards
Nominees of this year's BET Hip-Hop Awards is led by T.I. who earns as many as nine nods including Best Collaboration, Lyricist of the Year and Track of the Year. Meanwhile, Kanye West may be disappointed with MTV Video Music Awards result but he may still win this one. The rapper is up for six nominations.
Lil Wayne equally scoring 6 nominations while Common is running for 5 categories. West's 'Stronger' video will go head to head with 50 Cent's 'I Get Money', Chamillionaire feat. Slick Rick's 'Hip-Hop Police,' Common's 'The People,' Ludacris feat. Mary J. Blige's 'Runaway Love,' UGK feat. Outkast's 'International Players Anthem.'
In it's second cycle, BET has teamed up with British entities MTV Base and 1 Xtra BBC to include U.K. acts such as Kano, Lethal B, JME, Klashnekoff, and Wiley in the running of becoming Best International Hip-Hop Act of the Year.
Track of the Year is competed among Hurricane Chris' 'A Bay Bay' , T.I.'s 'Big Things Poppin' (Do It)', Kanye West's 'Can't Tell Me Nothing', 50 Cent's 'I Get Money' and Shop Boyz's 'Party Like a Rockstar'.
Legendary hip-hop icon KRS-One is set to be honored with the 'I Am Hip Hop' Icon Award. There are also other categories such as Best Movie where 'Stomp the Yard' is under, Best Dance where Soulja Boy's 'Crank Dat' won't miss and Producer of the Year that includes Timbaland. View the complete nominees here.
Chris Rock is scheduled to host the show. Tune in to BET on October 17 at 9 p.m. to see who wins this year!
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences