Shakira Back to School, Studying Western Civilization at UCLA
No, Shakira is not getting married. Not in the near future at least. Contrary to heavy media coverage stating that she and longtime boyfriend Antonio de la Rúa are heading for the altar, the Colombian pop star is back to school, enrolled at the UCLA to study Western Civilization.
A source close to Shakira laughed off the wedding rumors claimed them as "absolutely false," while set the record straight by telling Peopleenespanol.com that the songbird is studying at UCLA, the University of California, Los Angeles.
"While everyone else has been at the beach, the MTV Awards and the Emmy's, Shakira's been studying History of Western Civilization all summer at UCLA," the source revealed. She reportedly has attended a class called "Introduction to Western Civilization: Ancient Civilizations from Prehistory to Circa A.D. 843" under the nurture of notable professor Robert Cleve, who has his doctorate in the subject.
What's more, Shakira also is working on commercials for the ALAS foundation which will launch a campaign featuring 30 artists to raise funds for victims of the August 15th earthquake in Peru, which left 500 dead, a thousand injured and 100 people without homes. Visit ALAS for more information.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service