Nominees of 2007 Los Premios MTV Announced!
Done with Video Music Awards, MTV is gearing another award in appreciation of Latin music. Nominees of Los Premios MTV 2007 was announced yesterday (September 12), putting Mexican star Belinda on the lead.
The 18 years-old singer and actress gains 5 nods including Best Solo Artist, Video of the Year and Artist of the Year. Just one count less than her are Alejandro Sanz and Argentinian rock band Babasonicos. Meanwhile, scoring three each are Paulina Rubio, Julieta Venegas and several more.
In the international tally, Avril Lavigne, Gwen Stefani, Justin Timberlake, Amy Winehouse are among those being nominated. Complete nomination can be viewed on Mtvla.com.
According to Billboard.com, three new categories are added this year: 'Fashionista Award,' for best dressed celebrity; 'Best Urban Artist Award' for best R&B, rap, hip hop or reggaeton; and the 'Influencia Award,' honoring an influential artist with a long career.
The award night will take place at Mexico City's Palacio de los Deportes on October 18. Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne, Cafe Tacuba and The Cure have been tapped to make performances.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream