Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland Built Supportive Housing for the Homeless
Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland are among numbers of music figures who give back to Houston. The two songbirds have teamed up building an apartment for at risk populations in Houston.
Beyonce and Rowland, joined by Matthew Knowles, Tina Knowles, and pastors Rudy Rasmus and Juanita Rasmus, made millions of dollar donation Wednesday September 12th to build the so-called the Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments, which purpose is to provide permanent living accommodations for men and women who are trying to improve their lives after the trauma of personal and natural disasters.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the project was held on-site at the corner of Gray and Chenevert.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments reportedly will be a 43 unit, with the phase 1 construction cost about $4.7 million dollars. Beyonce and Kelly are said to have been pledging a further $1.7million.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments was developed by the Temenos Community Developed Corporation and sponsored by The Survivor Foundation, the City of Houston, and St. John's United Methodist Church.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'