Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland Built Supportive Housing for the Homeless
Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland are among numbers of music figures who give back to Houston. The two songbirds have teamed up building an apartment for at risk populations in Houston.
Beyonce and Rowland, joined by Matthew Knowles, Tina Knowles, and pastors Rudy Rasmus and Juanita Rasmus, made millions of dollar donation Wednesday September 12th to build the so-called the Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments, which purpose is to provide permanent living accommodations for men and women who are trying to improve their lives after the trauma of personal and natural disasters.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the project was held on-site at the corner of Gray and Chenevert.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments reportedly will be a 43 unit, with the phase 1 construction cost about $4.7 million dollars. Beyonce and Kelly are said to have been pledging a further $1.7million.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments was developed by the Temenos Community Developed Corporation and sponsored by The Survivor Foundation, the City of Houston, and St. John's United Methodist Church.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November