Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland Built Supportive Housing for the Homeless
Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland are among numbers of music figures who give back to Houston. The two songbirds have teamed up building an apartment for at risk populations in Houston.
Beyonce and Rowland, joined by Matthew Knowles, Tina Knowles, and pastors Rudy Rasmus and Juanita Rasmus, made millions of dollar donation Wednesday September 12th to build the so-called the Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments, which purpose is to provide permanent living accommodations for men and women who are trying to improve their lives after the trauma of personal and natural disasters.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the project was held on-site at the corner of Gray and Chenevert.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments reportedly will be a 43 unit, with the phase 1 construction cost about $4.7 million dollars. Beyonce and Kelly are said to have been pledging a further $1.7million.
The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments was developed by the Temenos Community Developed Corporation and sponsored by The Survivor Foundation, the City of Houston, and St. John's United Methodist Church.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up