Kate Bosworth to Play the Title Role in Veronika Decides to Die
Kate Bosworth is Veronika, literally. A well known actress among moviegoers, the beauty is taking the lead role in the forthcoming movie adaptation of Paulo Coelho's best-selling novel "Veronika Decides to Die."
In the drama, also titled "Veronika Decides to Die," Bosworth will play a woman who wakes up in a mental institution after a failed suicide attempt and discovers that she has a weakened heart and only days to live. The movie follows her recovery as she finds true love and develops the will to survive.
Emily Young is in hand directing from a screenplay written by Larry Gross and Roberta Hanley. Have been booked to direct are Sriram Das and Chris Hanley, with production is slated to start this winter.
Currently stars opposite Sigourney Weaver in "The Girl in the Park," which premiered Sunday September 9th at the Toronto International Film Festival, Bosworth could next be seen starring in "21" opposite Jim Sturgess and Kevin Spacey.
More Kate Bosworth News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video