Sean Penn and Matt Damon Attached for Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk Biopic
On the way to forge what could probably be one of the anticipated collaborations on screen, Sean Penn and Matt Damon are both reported to be attached as the leading actors in a biopic about '70s politician Harvey Milk that Gus Van Sant is set to direct.
A long-gestating project, pic is the latest chapter in a long-running race to film the biopic of the first openly gay prominent elected official following Bryan Singer's "The Mayor of Castro Street." Penn is plotted to play the politician while Damon his assassin, Dan White.
Filming is expected to start as early as December in San Francisco using script written by Dustin Lance Black once a distribution deal is finalized. Meanwhile, Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks have both been confirmed to produce with Michael London's Groundswell Prods. financing.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope