Sean Penn and Matt Damon Attached for Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk Biopic
On the way to forge what could probably be one of the anticipated collaborations on screen, Sean Penn and Matt Damon are both reported to be attached as the leading actors in a biopic about '70s politician Harvey Milk that Gus Van Sant is set to direct.
A long-gestating project, pic is the latest chapter in a long-running race to film the biopic of the first openly gay prominent elected official following Bryan Singer's "The Mayor of Castro Street." Penn is plotted to play the politician while Damon his assassin, Dan White.
Filming is expected to start as early as December in San Francisco using script written by Dustin Lance Black once a distribution deal is finalized. Meanwhile, Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks have both been confirmed to produce with Michael London's Groundswell Prods. financing.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics