Sean Penn and Matt Damon Attached for Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk Biopic
On the way to forge what could probably be one of the anticipated collaborations on screen, Sean Penn and Matt Damon are both reported to be attached as the leading actors in a biopic about '70s politician Harvey Milk that Gus Van Sant is set to direct.
A long-gestating project, pic is the latest chapter in a long-running race to film the biopic of the first openly gay prominent elected official following Bryan Singer's "The Mayor of Castro Street." Penn is plotted to play the politician while Damon his assassin, Dan White.
Filming is expected to start as early as December in San Francisco using script written by Dustin Lance Black once a distribution deal is finalized. Meanwhile, Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks have both been confirmed to produce with Michael London's Groundswell Prods. financing.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters