Sean Penn and Matt Damon Attached for Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk Biopic
On the way to forge what could probably be one of the anticipated collaborations on screen, Sean Penn and Matt Damon are both reported to be attached as the leading actors in a biopic about '70s politician Harvey Milk that Gus Van Sant is set to direct.
A long-gestating project, pic is the latest chapter in a long-running race to film the biopic of the first openly gay prominent elected official following Bryan Singer's "The Mayor of Castro Street." Penn is plotted to play the politician while Damon his assassin, Dan White.
Filming is expected to start as early as December in San Francisco using script written by Dustin Lance Black once a distribution deal is finalized. Meanwhile, Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks have both been confirmed to produce with Michael London's Groundswell Prods. financing.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes