Sean Penn and Matt Damon Attached for Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk Biopic
On the way to forge what could probably be one of the anticipated collaborations on screen, Sean Penn and Matt Damon are both reported to be attached as the leading actors in a biopic about '70s politician Harvey Milk that Gus Van Sant is set to direct.
A long-gestating project, pic is the latest chapter in a long-running race to film the biopic of the first openly gay prominent elected official following Bryan Singer's "The Mayor of Castro Street." Penn is plotted to play the politician while Damon his assassin, Dan White.
Filming is expected to start as early as December in San Francisco using script written by Dustin Lance Black once a distribution deal is finalized. Meanwhile, Bruce Cohen and Dan Jinks have both been confirmed to produce with Michael London's Groundswell Prods. financing.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'