Pissed Off, Kanye West Not Coming Back to MTV
Although came as a big nominee, Kanye West returned home from MTV Video Music Awards empty-handed. In reaction to that, West shouted in a crowded hallway telling how pissed he was after losing year after year.
The rapper yelled while waiting for an elevator after the event ended. "That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," he said in front of onlookers and media. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."
Worse still, West claims to never return to MTV. He was nominated for 5 categories for his latest effort 'Graduation' which is due to be battled with 50 Cent's 'Curtis' today (September 11).
In fact, West has appeared unhappy since he hosted the pre-show party of the awards event that night. He couldn't believe MTV didn't ask him to open the main event and tapped Britney Spears instead. Singing his song 'Can't Tell Me Nothing', he added the lyrics: "I can't believe she would perform/ She hasn't had a hit record in years"
The awards' winners are determined by voting. The night's big winners are Rihanna and Justin Timberlake who snatched the title 'Video of the Year' and 'Male Artist of the Year' respectively. Click here for full 2007 MTV VMAs winners.
More Kanye West News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016