Pissed Off, Kanye West Not Coming Back to MTV
Although came as a big nominee, Kanye West returned home from MTV Video Music Awards empty-handed. In reaction to that, West shouted in a crowded hallway telling how pissed he was after losing year after year.
The rapper yelled while waiting for an elevator after the event ended. "That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," he said in front of onlookers and media. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."
Worse still, West claims to never return to MTV. He was nominated for 5 categories for his latest effort 'Graduation' which is due to be battled with 50 Cent's 'Curtis' today (September 11).
In fact, West has appeared unhappy since he hosted the pre-show party of the awards event that night. He couldn't believe MTV didn't ask him to open the main event and tapped Britney Spears instead. Singing his song 'Can't Tell Me Nothing', he added the lyrics: "I can't believe she would perform/ She hasn't had a hit record in years"
The awards' winners are determined by voting. The night's big winners are Rihanna and Justin Timberlake who snatched the title 'Video of the Year' and 'Male Artist of the Year' respectively. Click here for full 2007 MTV VMAs winners.
More Kanye West News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos