Two Up for Scotty Role in Star Trek?
Being one of the principal characters in the popular sci-fi franchise, itís no wonder that Montgomery "Scotty" Scott has become such a hot topic to talk about following the plan to develop "Star Trek" for the big screen.
After heavy speculations on James McAvoy as the U.S.S. Enterprise chief engineer, now come new words stating that two other names have been considered for the part, played by late Canadian actor James Doohan in the original series. According to Scotland's The Daily Record, they turn out to be "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints" star Martin Compston, 23, and Scottish comedian Greg Hemphill, 37.
A friend of Compston told the paper that the former Morton footballer "has had a couple of callbacks for the part of Scotty" though, on the other hand, pointed out that the filmmakers are "a way from making a decision on the part yet."
"He has joked that he might look a bit too young for the part and worries it might be one of the rare examples of someone in Hollywood being held back because they look too young," the person added.
As for Hemphill, The Daily Record informed that the funnyman "was flown to London" to audition in front of Paramount execs and "was reckoned to be in with a 'big chance' to land the straight role."
More Star Trek News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'