Two Up for Scotty Role in Star Trek?
Being one of the principal characters in the popular sci-fi franchise, itís no wonder that Montgomery "Scotty" Scott has become such a hot topic to talk about following the plan to develop "Star Trek" for the big screen.
After heavy speculations on James McAvoy as the U.S.S. Enterprise chief engineer, now come new words stating that two other names have been considered for the part, played by late Canadian actor James Doohan in the original series. According to Scotland's The Daily Record, they turn out to be "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints" star Martin Compston, 23, and Scottish comedian Greg Hemphill, 37.
A friend of Compston told the paper that the former Morton footballer "has had a couple of callbacks for the part of Scotty" though, on the other hand, pointed out that the filmmakers are "a way from making a decision on the part yet."
"He has joked that he might look a bit too young for the part and worries it might be one of the rare examples of someone in Hollywood being held back because they look too young," the person added.
As for Hemphill, The Daily Record informed that the funnyman "was flown to London" to audition in front of Paramount execs and "was reckoned to be in with a 'big chance' to land the straight role."
More Star Trek News
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa