Britney Spears Opened 2007 MTV VMAs 'Unexpectedly'
As promised, Britney Spears did kick off this year's MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas. Singing 'Gimme More', she sports black glittery bra, short pants and a knee-high boots.
The performance will definitely be one of the most talked about issues this year, arguably because it's not as gritty as expected. Britney delivered the the lethargic version of her new hit while looking quite distracted and very much out of shape, a poor comparison to her previous VMA stage acts.
She was then the object of mocking by comedian Sarah Silverman who unfortunately failed to gain tear-jerking laughters. The event's awkward first few minutes was then saved by performances by DJ Mark Ronson and Fall Out Boy that host their own party in the Casino hotel room.
Winners were then due to be announced. Meanwhile, here is the video of Britney performing Gimme More.
More Britney Spears News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival