Kanye West and 50 Cent Up for National TV Campaign
As if the announcement on their chart battle is not rife enough, both Kanye West and 50 Cent agreed to hold an election-like campaign on national TV. BET's '6 and the Park' will provide as the media on the albums release date, September 11.
Not only defending each CD, they will also perform, although still unknown whether it's gonna be a duet, single performances or even a rap battle. Stuart Scott from ESPN is hired that night to give a statistical breakdown of the two rappers.
Many have thought that this so-called battle are meant for commercial purpose only. Both singers are confident that they will claim the top spots in Billboard Hot 200 that no other artist releasing on the same day will be able to compete. Country singer Kenny Chesney in particular warned the rappers that his album 'Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates' may come out the ultimate winner.
"I don't think it's a battle, I think it's a lot of fun. I think Kanye will tell you he moved his date to 50's date to draw this type of attention, to create this marketing opportunity," Stephen Hill, an executive vice president at BET said. "We're gonna have fun on Sept. 11, the only place they are going to be together."
Statistically, Amazon reported that West's 'Graduation' have outsold 50's 'Curtis' by five to one in pre-orders. The latter artist has previously vowed that he will quit solo music career if his album is outsold by the former's.
More Kanye West News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed