Britney Spears Officially Opening MTV VMA
Be prepared to watch arguably one of the most exciting music events this year. MTV Video Music Awards that is held on November 9 has confirmed that Britney Spears will open the night, bringing up the game to the next level.
She is to perform first single 'Gimme More' that is taken from her upcoming album, with a stage performance supported by illusionist Criss Angel. Previous reports suggested the involvement of mirrors that will make Britney appears and disappears at some points during the performance.
"You can expect the things we want and expect from Britney - that will all be there," Jesse Ignjatovic, producer of this year's event said. "What I've seen of it is great. She'll be dancing, performing, doing her thing. That's exactly what we all want. Fans that are familiar with her performance on previous VMAs will not be disappointed."
Britney has made a number of controversial performances in previous VMAs stage. In 2000, she wore a skin tight suit that hardly cover her curves, shedding the good girl image. The next year she came back singing 'Slave 4 U' and wrapping a huge boa around her. What's probably the hardest to forget moment was in 2003 when she performed as a trio with rumored rival Christina Aguilera and Madonna whom she kissed on the lips.
With the event coming around the corner, still more acts are added to perform. Alicia Keys who will release her album 'As I Am' on November 13, the same day to Britney's not-yet-titled album, is slated to deliver her new single 'No One'. The Pussycat Dolls' Nicole Scherzinger who just started her solo career is also up for the night with Lil Wayne, as reported by MTV.
More Britney Spears News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame