Action Specialist Hired to Direct Street Fighter
Conducting a fundamental move in developing their film project of "Street Fighter", Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. have successfully got action specialist Andrzej Bartkowiak on board to direct the project, which will be the second effort in bringing up a live-action flick based on the popular video game after the 1994 movie.
Bartkowiak, a native of Lodz, Poland, has been known for his helming efforts in action genre, being the director of "Exit Wounds", "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Doom", which was also adapted from the video game of the same name. During his early career in filmmaking, the man initially worked as a cinematographer whose credits include "Terms of Endearment", "Prizzi's Honor", "Speed", and "U.S. Marshals."
Filming on "Street Fighter" reportedly is due to begin early next year with Hyde Park's Ashok Amritraj and Patrick Aiello producing for Fox Searchlight Pictures to distribute. Scribe Justin Marks is currently working on a polish on the script that will center on Chun Li and her journey for justice.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris