Action Specialist Hired to Direct Street Fighter
Conducting a fundamental move in developing their film project of "Street Fighter", Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. have successfully got action specialist Andrzej Bartkowiak on board to direct the project, which will be the second effort in bringing up a live-action flick based on the popular video game after the 1994 movie.
Bartkowiak, a native of Lodz, Poland, has been known for his helming efforts in action genre, being the director of "Exit Wounds", "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Doom", which was also adapted from the video game of the same name. During his early career in filmmaking, the man initially worked as a cinematographer whose credits include "Terms of Endearment", "Prizzi's Honor", "Speed", and "U.S. Marshals."
Filming on "Street Fighter" reportedly is due to begin early next year with Hyde Park's Ashok Amritraj and Patrick Aiello producing for Fox Searchlight Pictures to distribute. Scribe Justin Marks is currently working on a polish on the script that will center on Chun Li and her journey for justice.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!