Action Specialist Hired to Direct Street Fighter
Conducting a fundamental move in developing their film project of "Street Fighter", Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. have successfully got action specialist Andrzej Bartkowiak on board to direct the project, which will be the second effort in bringing up a live-action flick based on the popular video game after the 1994 movie.
Bartkowiak, a native of Lodz, Poland, has been known for his helming efforts in action genre, being the director of "Exit Wounds", "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Doom", which was also adapted from the video game of the same name. During his early career in filmmaking, the man initially worked as a cinematographer whose credits include "Terms of Endearment", "Prizzi's Honor", "Speed", and "U.S. Marshals."
Filming on "Street Fighter" reportedly is due to begin early next year with Hyde Park's Ashok Amritraj and Patrick Aiello producing for Fox Searchlight Pictures to distribute. Scribe Justin Marks is currently working on a polish on the script that will center on Chun Li and her journey for justice.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital