Action Specialist Hired to Direct Street Fighter
Conducting a fundamental move in developing their film project of "Street Fighter", Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. have successfully got action specialist Andrzej Bartkowiak on board to direct the project, which will be the second effort in bringing up a live-action flick based on the popular video game after the 1994 movie.
Bartkowiak, a native of Lodz, Poland, has been known for his helming efforts in action genre, being the director of "Exit Wounds", "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Doom", which was also adapted from the video game of the same name. During his early career in filmmaking, the man initially worked as a cinematographer whose credits include "Terms of Endearment", "Prizzi's Honor", "Speed", and "U.S. Marshals."
Filming on "Street Fighter" reportedly is due to begin early next year with Hyde Park's Ashok Amritraj and Patrick Aiello producing for Fox Searchlight Pictures to distribute. Scribe Justin Marks is currently working on a polish on the script that will center on Chun Li and her journey for justice.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'