Action Specialist Hired to Direct Street Fighter
Conducting a fundamental move in developing their film project of "Street Fighter", Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. have successfully got action specialist Andrzej Bartkowiak on board to direct the project, which will be the second effort in bringing up a live-action flick based on the popular video game after the 1994 movie.
Bartkowiak, a native of Lodz, Poland, has been known for his helming efforts in action genre, being the director of "Exit Wounds", "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Doom", which was also adapted from the video game of the same name. During his early career in filmmaking, the man initially worked as a cinematographer whose credits include "Terms of Endearment", "Prizzi's Honor", "Speed", and "U.S. Marshals."
Filming on "Street Fighter" reportedly is due to begin early next year with Hyde Park's Ashok Amritraj and Patrick Aiello producing for Fox Searchlight Pictures to distribute. Scribe Justin Marks is currently working on a polish on the script that will center on Chun Li and her journey for justice.
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending