Penelope Cruz Eyed for Pedro Almodovar's New Flick
Looking forward for more success with Penelope Cruz after his hugely acclaimed "Volver", Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is reportedly wanting to have the actress back for his new film feature which will possibly become his next work.
The man is said to have put aside his project of "La Piel Que Habito" temporarily to take full focus on the development of the flick, slated to be made based on an original screenplay.
"The new story has characters from a universe which is familiar to me and makes me feel more involved," he remarked at Tuesday's premiere (Sept 4) of the stage version of his 1999 effort "All About My Mother" at London's Old Vic, adding that the movie features five or six key roles, one of which is earmarked for Cruz.
Meanwhile, Cruz, who joined Almodovar at the presentation, openly expressed her desire to take part in the film, saying "Pedro's call is the one I'm waiting for most." The starring slot, however, seems to be not the only one the beauty is being tipped for as she also has a leading role touted for her in "Piel."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!