Penelope Cruz Eyed for Pedro Almodovar's New Flick
Looking forward for more success with Penelope Cruz after his hugely acclaimed "Volver", Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is reportedly wanting to have the actress back for his new film feature which will possibly become his next work.
The man is said to have put aside his project of "La Piel Que Habito" temporarily to take full focus on the development of the flick, slated to be made based on an original screenplay.
"The new story has characters from a universe which is familiar to me and makes me feel more involved," he remarked at Tuesday's premiere (Sept 4) of the stage version of his 1999 effort "All About My Mother" at London's Old Vic, adding that the movie features five or six key roles, one of which is earmarked for Cruz.
Meanwhile, Cruz, who joined Almodovar at the presentation, openly expressed her desire to take part in the film, saying "Pedro's call is the one I'm waiting for most." The starring slot, however, seems to be not the only one the beauty is being tipped for as she also has a leading role touted for her in "Piel."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group