Penelope Cruz Eyed for Pedro Almodovar's New Flick
Looking forward for more success with Penelope Cruz after his hugely acclaimed "Volver", Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is reportedly wanting to have the actress back for his new film feature which will possibly become his next work.
The man is said to have put aside his project of "La Piel Que Habito" temporarily to take full focus on the development of the flick, slated to be made based on an original screenplay.
"The new story has characters from a universe which is familiar to me and makes me feel more involved," he remarked at Tuesday's premiere (Sept 4) of the stage version of his 1999 effort "All About My Mother" at London's Old Vic, adding that the movie features five or six key roles, one of which is earmarked for Cruz.
Meanwhile, Cruz, who joined Almodovar at the presentation, openly expressed her desire to take part in the film, saying "Pedro's call is the one I'm waiting for most." The starring slot, however, seems to be not the only one the beauty is being tipped for as she also has a leading role touted for her in "Piel."
More Penelope Cruz News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video