Penelope Cruz Eyed for Pedro Almodovar's New Flick
Looking forward for more success with Penelope Cruz after his hugely acclaimed "Volver", Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is reportedly wanting to have the actress back for his new film feature which will possibly become his next work.
The man is said to have put aside his project of "La Piel Que Habito" temporarily to take full focus on the development of the flick, slated to be made based on an original screenplay.
"The new story has characters from a universe which is familiar to me and makes me feel more involved," he remarked at Tuesday's premiere (Sept 4) of the stage version of his 1999 effort "All About My Mother" at London's Old Vic, adding that the movie features five or six key roles, one of which is earmarked for Cruz.
Meanwhile, Cruz, who joined Almodovar at the presentation, openly expressed her desire to take part in the film, saying "Pedro's call is the one I'm waiting for most." The starring slot, however, seems to be not the only one the beauty is being tipped for as she also has a leading role touted for her in "Piel."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'