Penelope Cruz Eyed for Pedro Almodovar's New Flick
Looking forward for more success with Penelope Cruz after his hugely acclaimed "Volver", Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is reportedly wanting to have the actress back for his new film feature which will possibly become his next work.
The man is said to have put aside his project of "La Piel Que Habito" temporarily to take full focus on the development of the flick, slated to be made based on an original screenplay.
"The new story has characters from a universe which is familiar to me and makes me feel more involved," he remarked at Tuesday's premiere (Sept 4) of the stage version of his 1999 effort "All About My Mother" at London's Old Vic, adding that the movie features five or six key roles, one of which is earmarked for Cruz.
Meanwhile, Cruz, who joined Almodovar at the presentation, openly expressed her desire to take part in the film, saying "Pedro's call is the one I'm waiting for most." The starring slot, however, seems to be not the only one the beauty is being tipped for as she also has a leading role touted for her in "Piel."
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower