Shaquille O'Neal Filed for Divorce from Wife
Sad to say that the almost-five-years marriage of Shaquille O'Neal and wife Shaunie Nelson has taken its toll. The American professional basketball player has, through his attorney Ira Elegant, filed for divorce Tuesday September 4th.
"The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," his petition said in a statement. The pair has a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition stated further, adding that a copy of their agreement "will be filed . . . under seal" if the court allows and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."
While referring to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home," Shaq asks the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage since she's been ''secretive about her assets, particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either [her] name alone or in other entities."
Per the pre-nup, Shaunie would get primary custody of their four children together; Shareef Rashaun, Shaquir Rashaun, Amirah Sanaa, and Me'arah Sanaa, while Shaq would get "liberal" visitation rights. The Miami Heat center and Shaunie, married on December 26, 2002, each has one child from their previous relationships. He has one daughter named Taahirah, while she has one son named Myles.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked