Shaquille O'Neal Filed for Divorce from Wife
Sad to say that the almost-five-years marriage of Shaquille O'Neal and wife Shaunie Nelson has taken its toll. The American professional basketball player has, through his attorney Ira Elegant, filed for divorce Tuesday September 4th.
"The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," his petition said in a statement. The pair has a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition stated further, adding that a copy of their agreement "will be filed . . . under seal" if the court allows and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."
While referring to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home," Shaq asks the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage since she's been ''secretive about her assets, particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either [her] name alone or in other entities."
Per the pre-nup, Shaunie would get primary custody of their four children together; Shareef Rashaun, Shaquir Rashaun, Amirah Sanaa, and Me'arah Sanaa, while Shaq would get "liberal" visitation rights. The Miami Heat center and Shaunie, married on December 26, 2002, each has one child from their previous relationships. He has one daughter named Taahirah, while she has one son named Myles.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic