Shaquille O'Neal Filed for Divorce from Wife
Sad to say that the almost-five-years marriage of Shaquille O'Neal and wife Shaunie Nelson has taken its toll. The American professional basketball player has, through his attorney Ira Elegant, filed for divorce Tuesday September 4th.
"The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," his petition said in a statement. The pair has a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition stated further, adding that a copy of their agreement "will be filed . . . under seal" if the court allows and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."
While referring to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home," Shaq asks the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage since she's been ''secretive about her assets, particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either [her] name alone or in other entities."
Per the pre-nup, Shaunie would get primary custody of their four children together; Shareef Rashaun, Shaquir Rashaun, Amirah Sanaa, and Me'arah Sanaa, while Shaq would get "liberal" visitation rights. The Miami Heat center and Shaunie, married on December 26, 2002, each has one child from their previous relationships. He has one daughter named Taahirah, while she has one son named Myles.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video