Shaquille O'Neal Filed for Divorce from Wife
Sad to say that the almost-five-years marriage of Shaquille O'Neal and wife Shaunie Nelson has taken its toll. The American professional basketball player has, through his attorney Ira Elegant, filed for divorce Tuesday September 4th.
"The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," his petition said in a statement. The pair has a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition stated further, adding that a copy of their agreement "will be filed . . . under seal" if the court allows and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."
While referring to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home," Shaq asks the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage since she's been ''secretive about her assets, particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either [her] name alone or in other entities."
Per the pre-nup, Shaunie would get primary custody of their four children together; Shareef Rashaun, Shaquir Rashaun, Amirah Sanaa, and Me'arah Sanaa, while Shaq would get "liberal" visitation rights. The Miami Heat center and Shaunie, married on December 26, 2002, each has one child from their previous relationships. He has one daughter named Taahirah, while she has one son named Myles.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed