Talk of the Town: Madonna Planning 2nd Malawi Adoption
It appears that Madonna can never have enough of adoption. Fresh claim has emerged that the pop sensation is in her adoption mood these days and is planning to adopt a second child from Malawi.
Hot on the heels of her controversial adoption of Malawian son David Banda and her being assessed for the suitability to obtain the permanent adoption of him, Madonna is said to have already chosen a 13-month-old girl called Mercy from another orphanage.
The Daily Mail reported that Madonna has been given the permit by the state authorities to adopt the girl from the Kondanani Orphan Care Centre after previously visited the orphanage back in October. She's reported to be told by the state officials to consider 10 possible children and have initially wanted to adopt a girl called Grace but the family of the child objected.
Madonna will have to complete the formal application with the country's child welfare services before she could bring Mercy to London by April next year. A spokeswoman for the singer, meanwhile, was unavailable to comment.
Madonna will have an official from Malawi visited her on September 4th and stay with her family for two weeks to determine if she should finally and officially fully adopt David Banda.
More Madonna News
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum