Talk of the Town: Madonna Planning 2nd Malawi Adoption
It appears that Madonna can never have enough of adoption. Fresh claim has emerged that the pop sensation is in her adoption mood these days and is planning to adopt a second child from Malawi.
Hot on the heels of her controversial adoption of Malawian son David Banda and her being assessed for the suitability to obtain the permanent adoption of him, Madonna is said to have already chosen a 13-month-old girl called Mercy from another orphanage.
The Daily Mail reported that Madonna has been given the permit by the state authorities to adopt the girl from the Kondanani Orphan Care Centre after previously visited the orphanage back in October. She's reported to be told by the state officials to consider 10 possible children and have initially wanted to adopt a girl called Grace but the family of the child objected.
Madonna will have to complete the formal application with the country's child welfare services before she could bring Mercy to London by April next year. A spokeswoman for the singer, meanwhile, was unavailable to comment.
Madonna will have an official from Malawi visited her on September 4th and stay with her family for two weeks to determine if she should finally and officially fully adopt David Banda.
More Madonna News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army