Talk of the Town: Madonna Planning 2nd Malawi Adoption
It appears that Madonna can never have enough of adoption. Fresh claim has emerged that the pop sensation is in her adoption mood these days and is planning to adopt a second child from Malawi.
Hot on the heels of her controversial adoption of Malawian son David Banda and her being assessed for the suitability to obtain the permanent adoption of him, Madonna is said to have already chosen a 13-month-old girl called Mercy from another orphanage.
The Daily Mail reported that Madonna has been given the permit by the state authorities to adopt the girl from the Kondanani Orphan Care Centre after previously visited the orphanage back in October. She's reported to be told by the state officials to consider 10 possible children and have initially wanted to adopt a girl called Grace but the family of the child objected.
Madonna will have to complete the formal application with the country's child welfare services before she could bring Mercy to London by April next year. A spokeswoman for the singer, meanwhile, was unavailable to comment.
Madonna will have an official from Malawi visited her on September 4th and stay with her family for two weeks to determine if she should finally and officially fully adopt David Banda.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details