The Rock on the Way to Get into Disney's Witch Mountain Redo
Set to come as the first Hollywood's household name in the cast, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is currently in talks for a starring role in "Witch Mountain", Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
The former-wrestler-turned-actor reportedly is being considered to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers when they run from a diabolical group of men wishing to exploit their abilities. If deals are made, the hunk will thereby reunite with helmer Andy Fickman, who just directed him in "The Game Plan."
Pic is slated to enter production in March next year and be developed based on the most recent draft written by Matt Lopez with Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films shingle. It is said that the plot will advance the storyline from the original, which was released by Disney in 1975.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip