The Rock on the Way to Get into Disney's Witch Mountain Redo
Set to come as the first Hollywood's household name in the cast, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is currently in talks for a starring role in "Witch Mountain", Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
The former-wrestler-turned-actor reportedly is being considered to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers when they run from a diabolical group of men wishing to exploit their abilities. If deals are made, the hunk will thereby reunite with helmer Andy Fickman, who just directed him in "The Game Plan."
Pic is slated to enter production in March next year and be developed based on the most recent draft written by Matt Lopez with Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films shingle. It is said that the plot will advance the storyline from the original, which was released by Disney in 1975.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant