The Rock on the Way to Get into Disney's Witch Mountain Redo
Set to come as the first Hollywood's household name in the cast, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is currently in talks for a starring role in "Witch Mountain", Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
The former-wrestler-turned-actor reportedly is being considered to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers when they run from a diabolical group of men wishing to exploit their abilities. If deals are made, the hunk will thereby reunite with helmer Andy Fickman, who just directed him in "The Game Plan."
Pic is slated to enter production in March next year and be developed based on the most recent draft written by Matt Lopez with Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films shingle. It is said that the plot will advance the storyline from the original, which was released by Disney in 1975.
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash