The Rock on the Way to Get into Disney's Witch Mountain Redo
Set to come as the first Hollywood's household name in the cast, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is currently in talks for a starring role in "Witch Mountain", Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
The former-wrestler-turned-actor reportedly is being considered to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers when they run from a diabolical group of men wishing to exploit their abilities. If deals are made, the hunk will thereby reunite with helmer Andy Fickman, who just directed him in "The Game Plan."
Pic is slated to enter production in March next year and be developed based on the most recent draft written by Matt Lopez with Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films shingle. It is said that the plot will advance the storyline from the original, which was released by Disney in 1975.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'