The Rock on the Way to Get into Disney's Witch Mountain Redo
Set to come as the first Hollywood's household name in the cast, Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is currently in talks for a starring role in "Witch Mountain", Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
The former-wrestler-turned-actor reportedly is being considered to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers when they run from a diabolical group of men wishing to exploit their abilities. If deals are made, the hunk will thereby reunite with helmer Andy Fickman, who just directed him in "The Game Plan."
Pic is slated to enter production in March next year and be developed based on the most recent draft written by Matt Lopez with Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films shingle. It is said that the plot will advance the storyline from the original, which was released by Disney in 1975.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia