Knee Ligament Injury Could Keep David Beckham Off the Field Four to Six Weeks
Bad news. David Beckham injured. The soccer god hurt his right knee Wednesday night August 29th playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer team against Pachuca of Mexico in the Super Liga final, just two weeks after he made his highly anticipated debut for the L.A. Galaxy after being benched for nearly a month for a left ankle injury.
The English midfielder was injured in a tackle with Pachuca midfielder Fernando Salazar in the first half of Wednesday night's SuperLiga title match, in which the Galaxy lost 4-3 on penalty kicks. Underwent an MRI exam on Thursday August 20th it is confirmed Beckham had suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee and was ruled out for about six weeks.
Scheduled to begin rehabilitation immediately, Beckham thus would likely miss his country's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia next month as England will play Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel on Sept 8th and Russia four days later whereas his return will be at mid October when the Galaxy would have three regular-season games remaining; against Toronto FC on Oct. 13, New York on Oct. 18 and at Chicago on Oct. 21.
"It's just gone from one thing to another thing," Beckham said Wednesday night. "Maybe it's time for me to just say, 'I need the rest,' and get it right and don't come back until it's right."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'