Ween Set Date of New Album, Reveal Tour Dates
Alternative rock act Ween has set the date of a new release 'La Cucaracha', their first studio album in almost 4 years. The CD will be in shelves on October 23 via Rounder records, the band's new recording house.
Andrew Weiss once again employed to helm this piece. The album work has started since early last year when the band rented an old farmhouse in Pennsylvania and converted it into a studio.
Materials have been narrowed down from 50 to 20 to mere 13. Among those making the cut are 'Fiesta' which the band has showcased during live gigs and 'Your Party' that borrows the talent of saxophonist David Sandborn.
"I love David Sanborn," guitarist Dean Ween told Billboard.com. "We always said, we're never going to have horns on a Ween record, unless we can get David Sanborn. That has been the thing for 15 years. So we called him, and his people told us, 'David is too busy.' But then we get a call back saying, 'David is a really big fan of the band.' We were like, 'F*ck yeah, that's amazing.' So we sent it to him and he did it and it rules."
A tour is laid out to begin October 16 in Bloomington, Ind and ends before Christmas. It will be the band's first full scale tour since 2003's 'Quebec' was released. The band said of the tour plan, "We will be playing pretty much every major city in the U.S. I'm not so sure yet about Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan but it looks like we'll get there next year."
Tracklist of 'La Cucaracha':
- 'Blue Balloon'
- 'Learnin To Love'
- 'My Own Bare Hands'
- 'The Fruit Man'
- 'Spirit Walker'
- 'Woman and Man'
- 'Your Party'
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son