Concertgoer Sues Lil Wayne for $1 Million Over Injury
Lil Wayne is facing a $1 million lawsuit brought by a teenage female fan who claimed she suffered injuries during one of the rapper's show.
In the suit she filed Tuesday August 28th in Baltimore Circuit Court, Tyrique Layne, 17, alleged she sustained injuries during Wayne's show at the Morgan State University last October after the star and his entourage threw a large sum of money; $1, $5, $10 and $20, into the audience of nearly 4000 people, causing the crowd to surge toward the stage.
Layne, in addition, alleged she suffered a "serious closed head injury" and now experiences memory loss and difficulty concentrating as well as frequent and severe headaches. She thus, in her suit, also names Universal Records Inc., Cash Money Records Inc. and Young Money Touring Inc., who she claims should have anticipated the crowd's reaction due to their extensive experience with concerts.
Layne is seeking $1 million in damages. Two other women reportedly were also injured during the concert.
Lil Wayne was the opening act for Busta Rhymes at the concert. The riot caused him to be forever banned from the campus.
More Lil Wayne News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri