Concertgoer Sues Lil Wayne for $1 Million Over Injury
Lil Wayne is facing a $1 million lawsuit brought by a teenage female fan who claimed she suffered injuries during one of the rapper's show.
In the suit she filed Tuesday August 28th in Baltimore Circuit Court, Tyrique Layne, 17, alleged she sustained injuries during Wayne's show at the Morgan State University last October after the star and his entourage threw a large sum of money; $1, $5, $10 and $20, into the audience of nearly 4000 people, causing the crowd to surge toward the stage.
Layne, in addition, alleged she suffered a "serious closed head injury" and now experiences memory loss and difficulty concentrating as well as frequent and severe headaches. She thus, in her suit, also names Universal Records Inc., Cash Money Records Inc. and Young Money Touring Inc., who she claims should have anticipated the crowd's reaction due to their extensive experience with concerts.
Layne is seeking $1 million in damages. Two other women reportedly were also injured during the concert.
Lil Wayne was the opening act for Busta Rhymes at the concert. The riot caused him to be forever banned from the campus.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie