Concertgoer Sues Lil Wayne for $1 Million Over Injury
Lil Wayne is facing a $1 million lawsuit brought by a teenage female fan who claimed she suffered injuries during one of the rapper's show.
In the suit she filed Tuesday August 28th in Baltimore Circuit Court, Tyrique Layne, 17, alleged she sustained injuries during Wayne's show at the Morgan State University last October after the star and his entourage threw a large sum of money; $1, $5, $10 and $20, into the audience of nearly 4000 people, causing the crowd to surge toward the stage.
Layne, in addition, alleged she suffered a "serious closed head injury" and now experiences memory loss and difficulty concentrating as well as frequent and severe headaches. She thus, in her suit, also names Universal Records Inc., Cash Money Records Inc. and Young Money Touring Inc., who she claims should have anticipated the crowd's reaction due to their extensive experience with concerts.
Layne is seeking $1 million in damages. Two other women reportedly were also injured during the concert.
Lil Wayne was the opening act for Busta Rhymes at the concert. The riot caused him to be forever banned from the campus.
More Lil Wayne News
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart