Concertgoer Sues Lil Wayne for $1 Million Over Injury
Lil Wayne is facing a $1 million lawsuit brought by a teenage female fan who claimed she suffered injuries during one of the rapper's show.
In the suit she filed Tuesday August 28th in Baltimore Circuit Court, Tyrique Layne, 17, alleged she sustained injuries during Wayne's show at the Morgan State University last October after the star and his entourage threw a large sum of money; $1, $5, $10 and $20, into the audience of nearly 4000 people, causing the crowd to surge toward the stage.
Layne, in addition, alleged she suffered a "serious closed head injury" and now experiences memory loss and difficulty concentrating as well as frequent and severe headaches. She thus, in her suit, also names Universal Records Inc., Cash Money Records Inc. and Young Money Touring Inc., who she claims should have anticipated the crowd's reaction due to their extensive experience with concerts.
Layne is seeking $1 million in damages. Two other women reportedly were also injured during the concert.
Lil Wayne was the opening act for Busta Rhymes at the concert. The riot caused him to be forever banned from the campus.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her